#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

2 minutes ago, kitik said:

A Cameron-directed SW film would make more money than every other film ever released added up together.

Now a Cameron-directed SW I would like to see.

• Like 1

Honestly an astounding weekend! How anyone can try to take anything away from what TFA did this weekend is astounding. Records are falling like domino's and this movie deserves every dime it is getting. Currently have seen it twice and plan to see it a third time soon. This movie could possible be over 500M by Dec 27th, that is something we will probably not see again for awhile. BvS and CW will not be able to come close to what we are seeing now.  

Edited by TriggerMike
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

No, but a movie that makes Nolan look like a peasant did. :ph34r:

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif

3 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

You know what, we can all speculate until the cows come home but the bottom line is the next 10 week days are going to play like summer weekdays but the difference the weekends will play like Christmas weekends...so just for arguments sake:

247 weekend off a 57 mill Sunday:

Let's just say it follows something like 2010

Monday:  37

Tuesday:  36

Wednesday:  36

Thurs: 25

Christmas Day:  50

Sat: 60

Sun: 48

And that's not unrealistic.

That's 540 million by the end of Christmas weekend.

lol man these numbers seem so crazy impossible yet I guess they're not really impossible, they just seem it haha.  Also, most schools have off the week in between Christmas and New Years, making this Mon-Wed regular school and work days...so I don't think it can hold that well and reach those early-mid week #s.  

I would think the goal should be a similar drop as TDK and a $25m Monday?

Edited by FTF
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, kitik said:

A Cameron-directed SW film would make more money than every other film ever released added up together.

True, but it would have every sci-fi troll call it “unoriginal,” even though SW:ANH is full of tropes and plot contrivances that are borrowed from a variety of sources that even Lucas himself has acknowledged, and even though TFA is pretty much an ANH remake. Also, a Cameron-directed SW would make detractors insist that “nobody liked” the film and that people only went to see it because it was shiny, colorful, and in 3D.

• Like 2