#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It's a good sign Australia and the UK were both amazing Sunday holds. Those are the markets most similar to USA/Canada. Maybe we can get $61m Sunday for a $250m weekend. That would be epic. 

Come on red, you know better or should. $2m less than Friday day business on a Sunday? Lol

Just now, Moviedweeb said:

OBVIOUSLY Star Wars is more influential to Marvel than vice versa. You are completely generalizing and misinterpreting my statement. I am saying that in one small aspect of the comedic dialogue, I see similarities. To extrapolate that into me saying Marvel is more influential than Star Wars (which would be a ridiculous concept) completely misses and misrepresents my point. Star Wars is one of the most influential films in the history of cinema. 

And I'm saying in that small area, SW is still clearly more influential to Marvel than vice versa.

12 minutes ago, superduperm said:

We sure about this? Any Sunday drop below 30% at this time of year is really good. I feel like this forum is being awfully optimistic.

Would love to see $240M+ though. Now the question is, what kind of Monday number will we have? Anything above $20M is good. $26M+ (higher than JW) would be legendary. Not sure why everyone is expecting $30M+ tomorrow. That's a recipe for more disappointment.

More disappointment?  I wasn't aware we were disappointed with a $238m OW

• Like 2

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Disney lowballed big time. 29% drop for a mega opener with strong WOM is unheard of, plus there are students and workers on vacation tomorrow who should be able to see it more easily tonight than a normal weekend. 

I must be the only conservative/pessimistic one here.

I've seen way too many high expectations on this forum only to be disappointed by what is really a big number to the vast majority of the population.

Right now, I'm just hoping for $50M, and perhaps a $240M OW. Anything after that is gravy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Come on red, you know better or should. $2m less than Friday day business on a Sunday? Lol

Just throwing it out there as a hope, not saying it will happen by any means. My prediction this morning after the official estimate came out was $242m ($52.8m Sunday). I figure $245m is in play but who knows after that. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, superduperm said:

I've seen way too many high expectations on this forum only to be disappointed by what is really a big number to the vast majority of the population.

Right now, I'm just hoping for $50M, and perhaps a $240M OW. Anything after that is gravy.

The expectations for Sunday are pretty optimistic on here compared to what's realistic at this point.

Edited by GiantCALBears

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

The expectations for Sunday are pretty optimistic on here compared to what's realistic at this point.

Saturday was huge travel and shopping day and it matched JW and TA wide open Saturday family audience reach. 

7 minutes ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Well Cjohn is.  If someone predictrd179m. They were closer than Cjohn. 

He was trolling with the 300m.  His Derby pick:

CJ Ren Star Wars: The Force Awakens $243.20M $0.00M 0.000% 0.000% 0.000%
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

And I'm saying in that small area, SW is still clearly more influential to Marvel than vice versa.

I never said it wasn't. I just noted a small similarity and influence and for some reason you're pitting it as one being more than the other. I never suggested that Marvel is now more influential on Star Wars in any area no matter how significant. 

We are literally having a nonsense exchange. I love Star Wars. Seen them all many times. Forgive me if I have spotted a small area where I happen to think there may have been some influence. Maybe I am right, Maybe I am wrong. Just an opinion. Not like I was trolling my thoughts out in an obnoxious way or as fact. 

Edited by Moviedweeb

13 minutes ago, superduperm said:

It'll be well over 50, will take proper look soon

• Like 26