#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

do not ban for fake numbers, only spoilers

If anyone even mentions he-who-shall-not-be-seen (L---) ban on the spot. No mercy

Are you requesting to be banned? Because you just mentioned he-who-shall-not-be-seen. 

Okay, I don't know what the rest of you are doing in real like at the moment, but whatever it is, who else is just kind of sleepwalking through it, thinking about this weekend?

Im in physics at the moment :ph34r:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

How many of us will tell stories of this weekend to our grandkids? 

"T'was the night before Star Wars and all through BOT, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse."

Disney and Lucasfilm slammed two screenings into our theater, chief. Eleven hundred men went into the show. Trailers went on for twelve minutes. Didn't see the first Jedi for about a half an hour. Light saber. Blue light saber. Noon the fifth day, Mr. DAJK, a Disney rep saw us, he came in and he saw us. And three hours later a big fat bus arrives and start to pick us up. So, eleven hundred men went in the theater, three hundred and sixteen men come out, the scalpers took the rest, December the 17, 2015.

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, DAJK said:

In a perfect world, all the regulars on this Forum would get together (in real life), rent out a theatre, and watch TFA as a group B)

While it's not quite the same, someone (MrPink?) used to organize Skype chats where we talked about the weekend or whatever. Anyone interested in doing that again for this weekend?

• Like 1

So I got to thinking.  Fandango charges a $1.50 convenience fee.  Is that included in the presales gross # they provide?  

If so, any film with a greater proportion of presales probably has its average ticket price inflated even more relative to those with a lower share.

I'm at our school wide turkey dinner with 900 kids sitting in the gym for the next 2 hours it's honestly one of my favourite times of the year. And with this and the Star Wars mood, this is one of the best feelings I've had all year!

So this may seem early, but it feels like Christmas to me. Merry Early Christmas everyone!

19 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I thought you were supporting Creed John? :redcapes:

I am but I probably won't even see it in theaters. I just don't have the time to see 6 Rocky movies.