#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

I've actually never done 3D before, I've always been repulsed at the fact of wearing glasses while watching it. Is it as bad as I think? And what's the difference between 3D and Real 3D? The showing I have says "Real 3D".........shouldn't any 3D be real? o.O

Maybe. I mean I wear glasses so it can get annoying and some people get headaches. Other than that, I don't think people really notice wearing the glasses and I don't think it's bad. It's rarely worth the extra cost (Avatar and Hugo remain the two movies you should see in 3-D) but other than that, it doesn't detract from my experience.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

I've actually never done 3D before, I've always been repulsed at the fact of wearing glasses while watching it. Is it as bad as I think? And what's the difference between 3D and Real 3D? The showing I have says "Real 3D".........shouldn't any 3D be real? o.O

RealD is a brand. There are others.

It should be pretty decent, unless you're sitting super close. It all comes down to how much your theater cares about their 3D presentation (ie, light levels).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

3-D is awful and not because of the glasses. 

2 minutes ago, Darth Water Bottle said:

Maybe. I mean I wear glasses so it can get annoying and some people get headaches. Other than that, I don't think people really notice wearing the glasses and I don't think it's bad. It's rarely worth the extra cost (Avatar and Hugo remain the two movies you should see in 3-D) but other than that, it doesn't detract from my experience.

Okay so overall it's not a bad experience then?

5 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

You've never seen a movie in 3D before?

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

RealD is a brand. There are others.

It should be pretty decent, unless you're sitting super close. It all comes down to how much your theater cares about their 3D presentation (ie, light levels).

It's my local taunton theater.......

Aw shit I'm so fucked.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

No because I always feel like the glasses would bother me and the whole aspect of 3D would bother me from actually seeing the movie. I guess it's a first time for anything, here goes nothing......though I don't feel better about it being at my taunton theater.....place is poo, though they did redo the seats to make them recline so I guess there's something to look forward too.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Sounds like she is lucky. 3D is awful. It makes the screen look smaller, the glasses are distracting as fuck, and it's pretty ridiculous you can't really move your head around much or it becomes a mess. Plus if you're one of the unlucky ones like me, you get headaches from it as well.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

Okay so overall it's not a bad experience then?

you stop noticing it after a few minutes, be it good 3D or bad 3D.

the Destroyer establishing shots makes pretty good use of 3D, though.

Edited by Goffe

Just now, K1Rey said:

No because I always feel like the glasses would bother me and the whole aspect of 3D would bother me from actually seeing the movie. I guess it's a first time for anything, here goes nothing......though I don't feel better about it being at my taunton theater.....place is poo, though they did redo the seats to make them recline so I guess there's something to look forward too.

I have gone to IMAX 3D 2 times and a regular 2D once so far for TFA. I feel 3D adds alot, particularly during the

Spoiler

dual, the snowflakes really give depth to the scene.

Just now, Jay Salahi said:

I'm that guy who always sits in the pit area.

I have the rest of my life to view stuff only taking up 25% of field of view. 

YES!

I always sit at the front, I want my entire peripheral vision to be taken up. Otherwise I could just watch it with my surround sound and comfy bed at home.