#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

$300m OW is happening. It's going to do in 3 days what HBP and DH1 did in their entire runs.

I mean...it's beyond insane.

That is stunning and make no mistake that this record will stand for YEARS. Not even the sequels will do as much.

I'm not liking for $300m because I don't think that's possible. I'm liking for how good a sport you've been. It's orgasmic for all of us BO fans when any history happens let alone this magnitude. Deserves respect.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Noctis said:

$300m OW is happening. It's going to do in 3 days what HBP and DH1 did in their entire runs.

I mean...it's beyond insane.

That is stunning and make no mistake that this record will stand for YEARS. Not even the sequels will do as much.

Yeah, there is almost no way the sequels can match this perfect storm of quality, hype, and nostalgia.  You will probably have a Dark Knight Rises or Age of Ultron situation where the sequel still does absolutely massive numbers but it is seen as a disappointment because it didn't match a force of nature.