#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

People saying this has no female appeal are so wrong too.  My sister saw this last night in NYC and thought it was phenomenal and she usually hates big action/sci-fi. Just wait until the word gets out.

Oy yeah, good WOM among female audiences could really make this thing go nuclear.

I want to be part of this momentous occasion but I have nothing new to contribute. 

So I'll just say

HOLY

FUCKING

SHITBALLS

Seriously though. I feel like we're at the forefront of a historical moment here. Kudos us!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

People saying this has no female appeal are so wrong too.  My sister saw this last night in NYC and thought it was phenomenal and she usually hates big action/sci-fi. Just wait until the word gets out.

Not to tread into these wastelands again, but it was so refreshing to see a kickass young woman kicking ass, without making a huge deal out of it. Furiosa is happy.

• Like 8

Just now, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

The potential for a 300m OW I great and all but I'm wondering how much theaters are grossing with popcorn sales this weekend.

Our average spend per ticket is $2.5, today is more like $4.5 which is fantastic for us. 

To put that in context, $2.5 is 17% of a standard adult evening ticket, $4.5 is 30%. I would assume the numbers would be roughly the same elsewhere, maybe Americans buy more food idk.

• Like 2