#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 hour ago, ecstasy said:

"Those with access to grosses say Force Awakens has already grossed north of $43 million in matinee earnings; they believe the movie will take in north of $130 million for the day.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-star-wars-force-849854

Landed.  Got my luggage and then saw this.   

fall1.gif

I need to be carried to hotel.

• Like 11

I predict the forum is going to break a few times later on tonight with a huge list of visitors. Let's hope it holds! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

It's got a good shot to pass AVENGERS before 2016.

But, but, Tele, you used to be so wise ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

I predict the forum is going to break a few times later on tonight with a huge list of visitors. Let's hope it holds! 

qgxvmGg.gif

• Like 9

1 minute ago, sdeezy said:

tumblr_nzev2228uF1rertyro2_400.gif

Isaac needs to fully teach them his sci-fi dance skills

kq25j.gif

tumblr_nnp85kNAE51ruok98o3_500.gif

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

People saying this has no female appeal are so wrong too.  My sister saw this last night in NYC and thought it was phenomenal and she usually hates big action/sci-fi. Just wait until the word gets out.

Oy yeah, good WOM among female audiences could really make this thing go nuclear.

The potential for a 300m OW I great and all but I'm wondering how much theaters are grossing with popcorn sales this weekend.

$300M?

Okay calm down guys. This is exactly how we end up disappointing ourselves.

And to think, if it lands on the latter range then CJohn's 300m OW prediction is in play.  And so is my over Star Wars first run adjusted club.

• Like 2

I want to be part of this momentous occasion but I have nothing new to contribute. 

So I'll just say

HOLY

FUCKING

SHITBALLS

Seriously though. I feel like we're at the forefront of a historical moment here. Kudos us!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

People saying this has no female appeal are so wrong too.  My sister saw this last night in NYC and thought it was phenomenal and she usually hates big action/sci-fi. Just wait until the word gets out.

Not to tread into these wastelands again, but it was so refreshing to see a kickass young woman kicking ass, without making a huge deal out of it. Furiosa is happy.

• Like 8