#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, Rth said:

Some context that 43mil with THR is for starters only a sample of theatres(just over 50%) so 100% of thrs figure is much higher :) also it includes presales for the rest of day from that sample of theatres as well and its from around 1pm PST(btw that also only includes EC till 1pm, what EC has done thru 4pm different figure) . The figure for what its made up of is in the stratosphere nothing has ever come near a number like that (more than double closest)

So after picked myself of floor multiple times few hours ago and then trying to make heads and tales of what it was going to do. $125-130m was low end the number DL had high end 145 or something will see. The thing to watch is with   the amount of presales could see evening numbers slow down some what )

Do you think 150 is possible?

3 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

where does mmxxl rank in your top films of the year?

I would've been going nuts over that making tons too, such a great, positive movie compared to this cynical design-by-committee piece-o-junk.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rth said:

Some context that 43mil with THR is for starters only a sample of theatres(just over 50%) so 100% of thrs figure is much higher :) also it includes presales for the rest of day from that sample of theatres as well and its from around 1pm PST(btw that also only includes EC till 1pm, what EC has done thru 4pm different figure) . The figure for what its made up of is in the stratosphere nothing has ever come near a number like that (more than double closest)

So after picked myself of floor multiple times few hours ago and then trying to make heads and tales of what it was going to do. $125-130m was low end the number DL had high end 145 or something will see. The thing to watch is with   the amount of presales could see evening numbers slow down some what )

So we should keep our expectations in check. Ok, thanks :)

9 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I wake up from a nap and this is the fucking number I'm seeing?! Have Deadline and THR started being run by CJohn?! 

Someone found out about my secret :ph34r:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rth said:

When God drops to floor over & over again you know the # is kind of a big deal.

Edited by GiantCALBears
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

where does mmxxl rank in your top films of the year?

I would've been going nuts over that making tons too, such a great, positive movie compared to this cynical design-by-committee piece-o-junk.

It's in my top 10. 

1 minute ago, straggler said:

Not insulting it but Twilight was a vampire romance that people did not take seriously. Hunger Games was a huge sci fi franchise and Katniss carries it.  

Well, that franchise that no one took seriously grossed 3.3 billion dollars.  So, you know, some people took it seriously.

3 minutes ago, Rth said:

Do you think JW true friday gonna be shattered?

3 minutes ago, Rth said:

1 minute ago, Rth said:

@sf@d#£(!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.. I'm speechless.. The Force is true. The Force is real.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rth said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Not to tread into these wastelands again, but it was so refreshing to see a kickass young woman kicking ass, without making a huge deal out of it. Furiosa is happy.

Also, if they're talking about the demographics, Thursday was going to skew to the fanboy demographic.  Your general audience fans are likely showing up today, Saturday, and Sunday to avoid the lines

3 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Kind of funny talking about which recent female sci-fi character (now sure how Twilight counts) is responsible for Rey when the one who's responsible for all of em is in the damn movie.

If you want to get technical, being the trull lead is another story, no disrespect to Leia.

• Like 2