#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Want to hear an insane story that happened to me last night? 

I came out of my second viewing in IMAX in Cardiff and David Prowse was at the theatre signing autographs. I'd met him a few years ago but my brother in law hadn't, so he paid £20 and got the autograph. I got in the photo with him and then asked him...

"what did you think of the movie?"

he said "I haven't seen it yet! I thought the theatre would show it to me but they haven't!"

So yeah. Surreal. I got to ask Darth Vader on opening day of this juggernaut what he thought of it. Crazy!

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

I'm sure there's some "The BEST Scenes of the Original Trilogy" montage on YouTube that's two hours shorter than this and does the trick. 

It's right here

• Like 5

$130m would do me fine, let alone anything near $145m! Considering yesterday people were talking about $55-60m, a $73m true Friday is insane! 

(Naturally I'm just hoping it ends up even higher so we get the chance to explode again.)

Just now, Dan9 said:

$130m would do me fine, let alone anything near $145m! Considering yesterday people were talking about $55-60m, a $73m true Friday is insane! 

(Naturally I'm just hoping it ends up even higher so we get the chance to explode again.)

If rth comes in here and says something like 150m OD, this forum will crash for hours. 

• Like 3