#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

43 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

There s a storm coming in.

Hurricane_Isabel_from_ISS.jpg

atermSub247s_zps7731a574.jpg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

But he also said pre-sales are throwing everything off.

:ph34r:

Yes, but if you read that the number is an extrapolation, then it could go higher...or lower as well.  

Either way, 130 OD is monstrous.  140-145 is just nuts.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

So essentially pre-sales throws everything off?

Over here walk ups are essentially 0. Everyone is buying their tickets online and basically no tickets are sold at the time of the show. 

• Like 2

Just now, CJ Ren said:

Over here walk ups are essentially 0. Everyone is buying their tickets online and basically no tickets are sold at the time of the show. 

Walk-ups were somewhat weak for us last night, that's why I was initially thinking we would go over $60M for the night but it ended with around $50M.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

Most people are buying tickets just before they come to the theater because they don't want to be any further behind the line especially with reports of 2 hour lines, no one wants to be one or 10 people further behind

most people buy tickets online especially when faced with lines. They don't want to be in 2 lines 

Edited by hasanahmad

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Walk-ups were somewhat weak for us last night, that's why I was initially thinking we would go over $60M for the night but it ended with around $50M.

Yup, I was initially expecting way bigger numbers here and they are simply not happening. I am ashamed of my country. Fast 7 sold 240000 tickets on his first 4 days. Minions sold 200000 tickets. Twilight 5 sold 225000 tickets. Fifty Shades of Grey sold 160000 tickets. Star Wars should do a big 140000-150000 (slightly above Spectre) but c'mon! Expectations were far far higher. Most theaters put it in 3 or 4 screens. First time ever. Maximum all movies get here is 2 screens.

• Like 1

6-8PM PST in this thread will be legendary!

Kathleen Kennedy and JJ Abrams last night:

Kathleen

tumblr_inline_momrn7goDd1qz4rgp.jpg

"Send forth all fanboys. Do not stop the attendance until the records are taken. Seize them all!"

JJ

gothmog_1.jpg

"What of the Boy Wizard?"

Kathleen

• Like 6

I may take a nap now before the late night showing.

• Like 1

Well, i think we can safely say now that SW7 is gonna beat Avatar DOM. And by quite a margin, too. Congrats. Question is whether it can beat it WW... Still have my doubts...

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 6

Want to hear an insane story that happened to me last night? 

I came out of my second viewing in IMAX in Cardiff and David Prowse was at the theatre signing autographs. I'd met him a few years ago but my brother in law hadn't, so he paid £20 and got the autograph. I got in the photo with him and then asked him...

"what did you think of the movie?"

he said "I haven't seen it yet! I thought the theatre would show it to me but they haven't!"

So yeah. Surreal. I got to ask Darth Vader on opening day of this juggernaut what he thought of it. Crazy!

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

How many hours until that?

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Expect major disappointment that this is making "only" $125M today.

• Like 1

Holy fucking hell, 100M is done. We could be looking at 145-150M OD and 300M OW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:excited::excited::excited:

• Like 6

Just now, superduperm said:

Expect major disappointment that this is making "only" $125M today.

That's still an insane figure. We're officially over 100m OD regardless. 

11 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

I'm sure there's some "The BEST Scenes of the Original Trilogy" montage on YouTube that's two hours shorter than this and does the trick. 

It's right here

• Like 5