#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

So 43M of total business done at that point including oresales makes a lot more sense.  I'd expect ~20-25M matinees and ~45-55M evenings.  65-80M Friday + 57 previews, range of 122M-137M.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

How many hours until that?

It's 4 PM here in the PST zone right now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, superduperm said:

It's 4 PM here in the PST zone right now.

I will be here then when it all goes down. We usually get a good estimate at 4 AM Portuguese time.

If it did 43m in matinees earlier, OD number might indeed be 145m. 

That's just insane. I'm speechless. I can't. 

Disney atm.

tumblr_ls21w4OlKd1qkmpj8o1_500.gif

• Like 4

Man, I'd bee happy with $100 million but $145 million is just INSANE! It's a great time to be alive! 

• Like 1

$130m would do me fine, let alone anything near $145m! Considering yesterday people were talking about $55-60m, a $73m true Friday is insane! 

(Naturally I'm just hoping it ends up even higher so we get the chance to explode again.)

Just now, Dan9 said:

$130m would do me fine, let alone anything near $145m! Considering yesterday people were talking about $55-60m, a $73m true Friday is insane! 

(Naturally I'm just hoping it ends up even higher so we get the chance to explode again.)

If rth comes in here and says something like 150m OD, this forum will crash for hours. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

This definitely doesn't seem like the kind of weekend where anything is going to be beaten by small measures in a Jurassic World kinda way anymore...

Yes I love that JW barely beat TA's OW record(which it held for 3 years) and SW is going to OBLITERATE JW's record(which it held for 6 months).

:ph34r:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan9 said:

73m Friday still makes OW record in 2 days possible.

• Like 1

One thing is for certain. TFA proves that December releases can have monster openings. No more do we have to look at Avatar, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and I am Legend and think that $70m-$80m OWs are the ceiling. 

• Like 15

8dc3112894c4b6f4f103d202ee652263.jpg

My spot in line at 8:30AM. It went just as far back the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, spizzer said:

So 43M of total business done at that point including oresales makes a lot more sense.  I'd expect ~20-25M matinees and ~45-55M evenings.  65-80M Friday + 57 previews, range of 122M-137M.  

We'll see. He also said that was only through 1 PM Eastern shows. 

120M OD is great :) 120M OD is great :) 

• Like 3

Just now, Master Scottb said:

One thing is for certain. TFA proves that December releases can have monster openings. No more do we have to look at Avatar, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and I am Legend and think that $70m-$80m OWs are the ceiling. 

TFA probably beat Hobbit's record after a few hours. :lol:

I bet if they put this movie in late September it would still do 200m OW easily. 

1 minute ago, Master Scottb said:

But you can't really compare anything to Star Wars 7.  It's definitely the exception, not the rule.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chewy said:

It's right here

LOL even his own youtube compilation gets taken over by other characters.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

8dc3112894c4b6f4f103d202ee652263.jpg

My spot in line at 8:30AM. It went just as far back the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks familiar

PA-1542048.jpg

• Like 9