#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

2 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

120M OD is great :) 120M OD is great :) 

Don't be a coward now CJohn. Not in your moment of glory.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Master Scottb said:

One thing is for certain. TFA proves that December releases can have monster openings. No more do we have to look at Avatar, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and I am Legend and think that $70m-$80m OWs are the ceiling. 

Anyone looking at ROTK and thinking $80m is ceiling in 2015 was, well, wrong.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Don't be a coward now CJohn. Not in your moment of glory.

Nope. 120M is great :) I don't wanna wake up tomorrow and see a 20-30M number lower than the one I saw before going to bed. 120M OD is phenomenal :) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Panda Menace said:

But you can't really compare anything to Star Wars 7.  It's definitely the exception, not the rule.

True. But I think these results will embolden studios to not shy away from opening big franchise/tentpole movies in December. 

1 minute ago, CJ Ren said:

Nope. 120M is great :) I don't wanna wake up tomorrow and see a 20-30M number lower than the one I saw before going to bed. 120M OD is phenomenal :) 

For real it is. I just can't even believe that it's this huge.

• Like 3

So you guys have to remember that I live in a smaller town (I think around 40 000 people give or take) so we don't have a lot of movie's selling out and lines rarely stretch longer than our parking lot.

That being said, yesterday, we had people lining up for the 7:00 Star Wars yesterday at noon, then get mad at my manager when he showed up at box office that he didn't open the doors so they could use the washroom. I got there at 5:30, 90 minutes before it started, and there were already like 130 people all dressed up, who were all yelling and cheering at me when I showed up. I felt so cool cause I was "official" I got them all together for a group photo, then I had to use my "big boy voice" to tell them they cant rush in all at once when doors open and they can't ignite lightsabers during the movie.

• Like 6

So how will Rogue One do a year from now. Could it get at least a $150-175 million weekend ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orestes said:

Reminds me of when we had someone here petulantly predicting 200m for The Avengers, total.

Wasn't that cocho

tumblr_n6zdmspPiE1skh0gdo1_400.gif

37 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

_87290886_030627929.jpg

Even White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest was flanked by Star Wars characters on Friday

That explains everything.  Obama is New Order. 

• Like 1

The possibility of 145m OD:what:

Edited by Darth Dexter of Hoth
  • Like 1

If the 130m+ OD holds u gotta think that 250m - 300m ow is in play here. Never thought I'd get to write that. Love it! Go Star Wars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Master Scottb said:

True. But I think these results will embolden studios to not shy away from opening big franchise/tentpole movies in December. 

Yeah, the move to December is going to of off big time

• Like 1

:ohmyzod::ohmygod::sarah:

OK do we have more of these "OMG" emoticons? Cause these 3 clearly aint enough for this fvcking crazy OD.

• Like 3

Just now, Emperor Jajang said:

If the 130m+ OD holds u gotta think that 250m - 300m ow is in play here. Never thought I'd get to write that. Love it! Go Star Wars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B)

• Like 1