#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

2 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

So this is the first time ever we are getting a film which is gonna break OW record, which we know 1 month prior to release. BRAVO!!

Don't get cocky. I predict at least once this weekend we get disappointing initial numbers, only for rth to save us.

6 minutes ago, Blan Solo said:

These all need to be deleted; vaguely spoilery in a lot of different ways

The first two I might accept but how is this

Second favorite movie of the year after Inside Out

so much fun in a single movie

huge legs for this I think 

a spoiler? EXPLAIN. You guys are fucking crazy. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

The first two I might accept but how is this

a spoiler? EXPLAIN. You guys are fucking crazy.

Please tell me, quick non-spoiler reactions being banned won't become a thing? I get the unique circumstances around TFA. I don't mind the completely non-spoiler reactions, like the ones you quoted.

Since there are a lot of reviews out now it doesn't matter as much as it did when people were bombarding Z with questions after he saw it, but for safety reasons it's better to just post in the spoiler allowed thread, at least for this weekend

I woke up this morning, checked TFA's RT and then looked outside. It was snowing. First time in over 2 years. I live in what is supposed to be the warmest part of Canada, which means it rains all the time but never snows. Star Wars truly does bring miracles.

That being said, if the snow keeps up, my boss says it would hurt our business by about 10-15%.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Please tell me, quick non-spoiler reactions being banned won't become a thing? I get the unique circumstances around TFA. I don't mind the completely non-spoiler reactions, like the ones you quoted.

We'll evaluate and discuss after the weekend. We tried something with MJ2, based on how things went, we're trying something else with SW, and based on how *this* goes, we'll see what we do the next time.

• Like 2

I woke up this morning, checked TFA's RT and then looked outside. It was snowing. First time in over 2 years. I live in what is supposed to be the warmest part of Canada, which means it rains all the time but never snows. Star Wars truly does bring miracles.

That being said, if the snow keeps up, my boss says it would hurt our business by about 10-15%.

As long as it doesn't hit the Eastern seaboard or the Great Lakes region

1 minute ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

We'll evaluate and discuss after the weekend. We tried something with MJ2, based on how things went, we're trying something else with SW, and based on how *this* goes, we'll see what we do the next time.

I know it's a special circumstance. It's one of the most anticipated movies ever, and the marketing campaign hasn't spoiled the movie, so that gave a lot of people extra motivation to avoid any spoilers. I also get if you guys allow one reaction, someone may take that the wrong way and post something no one wants to see. It's just sad to have to play to the lowest common denominator. I just need to see the movie already so I can check out the spoiler thread :P

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

I think the real issue is if a user here posts his reaction before many reviews are out. It quickly becomes a discussion about the film itself instead of its marketing / box office

Maybe if that's the case again you make them PM you first and wait for you to open a RTM thread

Oh my! I haven't been on here in a while. But I couldn't resist coming back for this event! Haha, I love all the "no star wars discussion here" esque titles. STAR WARS EVERYWHERE! The FORCE is strong!

Spoiler

And a 90+ rotten tomatoes score! I'm game! (I don't think this is a spoiler but ehh.)

I don't think I could predict the box office for this except for $200m+. The marketing for this things is crazy! It's everywhere. I'm actually planning on listening to the music all day at work in anticipation for tonight's viewing! I'm getting excited but will need to concentrate and get work done today.

• Like 3