#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

I can see Episode VIII moving to December. But that May being its 40th anniversary almost seems too apt to mess with. 

We'll see. But the success of this new film might quickly make Star Wars synonymous with Christmas all of a sudden. 

Plus I'm not sure how I feel about getting Rogue One and VIII within six months. I want at least a bit of time to look forward to them! 

4 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Ooh, ooh, can I take part in the useless JW/TFA flame war? 

(TFA ain't perfect but it might as well be compared to JW

Two biggest movies of the year, both blockbuster revivals of decades old franchises, they have enough in common to be compared.

7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I can see Episode VIII moving to December. But that May being its 40th anniversary almost seems too apt to mess with. 

We'll see. But the success of this new film might quickly make Star Wars synonymous with Christmas all of a sudden. 

Plus I'm not sure how I feel about getting Rogue One and VIII within six months. I want at least a bit of time to look forward to them! 

I'm just curious how Guardians 2 and Episode 8 affect each other. I know they're a few weeks from each other but could it be another Mockingjay 2 and Spectre situation where Guardians underperforms due to people saving  money for Episode 8. Either way it's a win-win for Disney.

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth AndyLL said:

Pressure from my family to go see it again tonight.  My wife ( one of those woman obviously scared by those star wars nerds ) is sick and still wants to go.

I'm a little frightened on how busy it will be.

Don't be seduced by family ties. :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.