AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

This is the spoiler thread... you might not want to be here!

Have at it.  Don't have to wrap spoilers here.

This will be the last time I will be in this thread until Thursday night.

Don't burn the place down.

• Like 2

anyone else disapointed with the scale of the battles.. it was filmed and directed awesomely.. but why so small

were going to attack the planet with full force.. and then you see like 10 xwings jump out of hyperspace..

no battleships?

• Like 2

Just now, The Futurist said:

Yep true, the scale felt a bit small compared to some other blockbusters but I guess they want to build a crescendo with the other two movies so ...

yeah.. it didnt feel like a battle that will decide the future of the universe.. i know george went crazy.. but a lil crazy would have worked there..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Wars said:

yeah.. it didnt feel like a battle that will decide the future of the universe.. i know george went crazy.. but a lil crazy would have worked there..

Well the weapon destroyed an entire system with one shot so the stakes were there.

10 minutes ago, John Wars said:

anyone else disapointed with the scale of the battles.. it was filmed and directed awesomely.. but why so small

were going to attack the planet with full force.. and then you see like 10 xwings jump out of hyperspace..

no battleships?

I was worried about that. A lot of cgi heavy battle scenes tend to be either short or not very epic these days. I guess the time and expense it takes to do top cgi has something to do with it.

13 minutes ago, John Wars said:

no battleships?

No real space battle, that was strange.

14 minutes ago, John Wars said:

no battleships?

I liked that about it. When the scale gets too big, you lose the emotional connection.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I was worried about that. A lot of cgi heavy battle scenes tend to be either short or not very epic these days. I guess the time and expense it takes to do top cgi has something to do with it.

the fights are small but awesome.. i cant post enough how jj nailed it..  the final fight should have been more like the beginning of ROTS.. maybe a bitt less crazy but atleast like 2/3 battleships fighting with each other.. with jj directing it, it would have been awesome

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Come on guys, put me out of my misery regarding Han. Is it true and how did you feel about it (as a fan).

It is true: Han is impaled by a lightsaber that Kylo Ren wields...Dm4MEKf.jpg

Edited by Cochofles

The problem for me was not the scale of the battles but that Poe was too good at everyting. He shot down 10-20 TIES with out effort and destroy the "big thing with a diffcult name" like it was a walk in the park. Anakin in the TPM came to mind and my emotional connection was lost.