AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

What is the mysterious stranger?  What I'm saying is that she obviously has Jedi training previously, there's enough hints at that and enough told to us about her without revealing exactly who she is.

I don't know man, I mean the movie title is the Force Awakens.  Not Reawaken.  Being barely a child she hardly even got a chance to do Jedi training if she had any.  She longs for her family so she remembers them.  And she looked surprised she has these powers.  Heck she would say father to Luke had she seen him right there.  Even if its many years later. 

And not even Luke would leave his daughter behind like that with a merchant with that personality.  Would have been with his sister or some other family member.  Some guardian they trust.

Edited by Klingo

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Honestly, I interpreted The FORCE AWAKENS being about Luke reaching out with the FORCE to Rey.. It's simple and to the point and doesn't need to be over thinked..

The only connection I've seen between Luke and Rey was about an island when Kylo was interrogating her. 

I've explained this all before in a previous post, don't have the energy to do it again right now, so here's point form.

Jedi's start training at a very young age, this is said by Mace in Menace...younger than Anakin who was 8.

Luke would have trained his daughter

When Kylo goes bad, Luke sends her away, fearing that she might turn to the dark side as well.

Her memory is erased somehow so her feelings cannot betray her

Her over powering Kylo at the end part of teh fight is her finlaly becoming who she was meant to be

Kylo woke the force in her when he tried getting in her head

She has obviously seen where Luke is, the island and the water is spoken about by Kylo

If Luke was distraught enough to leave everyone he knows and loves, then he would want his daughter protected.

Lor San Tekka (Max Von Sydow) is on Jakku, the Falcon is on Jakku, Unkar Plutt (one quarter portion dude) are all on Jakku, and he is the one holding her hand in the flashback scene, you hear his voice and see his hand.  

All of this connects somehow

She's Luke;s daughter, all the signs point to her being so, she's even a supposed orphan living on a planet that looks like Tattoine, just like Luke did.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, darthdevidem01 said:

My whole problem with her being luke's daughter is...

who the heck would be the mum?

why did luke get married? What happened to that relationship? Bla bla

it feels too contrived for me.

Who cares who her mom is?

That could be easily explained in one sentence in part 8, something like, your mother died when you were very young.

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

I've explained this all before in a previous post, don't have the energy to do it again right now, so here's point form.

Jedi's start training at a very young age, this is said by Mace in Menace...younger than Anakin who was 8.

Luke would have trained his daughter

When Kylo goes bad, Luke sends her away, fearing that she might turn to the dark side as well.

Her memory is erased somehow so her feelings cannot betray her

Her over powering Kylo at the end part of teh fight is her finlaly becoming who she was meant to be

Kylo woke the force in her when he tried getting in her head

She has obviously seen where Luke is, the island and the water is spoken about by Kylo

If Luke was distraught enough to leave everyone he knows and loves, then he would want his daughter protected.

Lor San Tekka (Max Von Sydow) is on Jakku, the Falcon is on Jakku, Unkar Plutt (one quarter portion dude) are all on Jakku, and he is the one holding her hand in the flashback scene, you hear his voice and see his hand.  

All of this connects somehow

She's Luke;s daughter, all the signs point to her being so, she's even a supposed orphan living on a planet that looks like Tattoine, just like Luke did.

Well we will see in the next movie.  As Finn would tell Han, just use the Force.

• Like 1

That's why I think the film is brilliant, it gives us just enough to go on but not enough so that we know everything.  It then leaves is with Rey almost weeping at seeing Luke and giving him the sabre.  Ep 8 is going to be epic.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Who cares who her mom is?

That could be easily explained in one sentence in part 8, something like, your mother died when you were very young.

13 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

We don't need to know every detail.. Sometimes, some things happen off camera.. Given Rey's age, Luke probably banged a female Jawa or Sand Chick around after ROTJ in celebration, then moved on and forgot.. See?? Simple and to the point..

Totally get what you guys mean but I just don't feel he'd ever shack up with anyone. Especially if he knows his dad turned for love.

For me it doesn't feel right and if I feel with the force I sense grave problems with this prediction.

we shall see though...

As a side note Rey giving up the attachment/belonging she feels for the family that abandoned and embracing the force (rather belonging to it) and becoming a jedi as her future feels much more 'right' in my mind with the kind of themes these films have pushed in the past. In fact her going to Luke at the end feels like her completing the arc of finally letting go of her family never coming back...or at least starting to. That for me makes a much more satisfying character/story than her being Luke's daughter.

Of course search for her family and conflicting emotions with this could add character depth in Ep 8. A parallel to anakin in Ep 2. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, darthdevidem01 said:

My whole problem with her being luke's daughter is...

who the heck would be the mum?

why did luke get married? What happened to that relationship? Bla bla

it feels too contrived for me.

Married?   That's an earth tradition.

Finally watched the movie. Holy shit..didn't expect to love it so much. So glad I didn't follow this movie since its inception. Could very well be my favourite star wars film. Loved everything. The characters, the story, the drama, the action, the big moments...oh man. Last time I felt like this was when Avatar came out, but I think I liked this more.

10/10

Will watch it again for sure. I missed the first 10 minutes because of stupid friend, but whatever..gives me more reasons to watch it again.

Merry Christmas.

• Like 3