AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

4 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

I've explained this all before in a previous post, don't have the energy to do it again right now, so here's point form.

Jedi's start training at a very young age, this is said by Mace in Menace...younger than Anakin who was 8.

Luke would have trained his daughter

When Kylo goes bad, Luke sends her away, fearing that she might turn to the dark side as well.

Her memory is erased somehow so her feelings cannot betray her

Her over powering Kylo at the end part of teh fight is her finlaly becoming who she was meant to be

Kylo woke the force in her when he tried getting in her head

She has obviously seen where Luke is, the island and the water is spoken about by Kylo

If Luke was distraught enough to leave everyone he knows and loves, then he would want his daughter protected.

Lor San Tekka (Max Von Sydow) is on Jakku, the Falcon is on Jakku, Unkar Plutt (one quarter portion dude) are all on Jakku, and he is the one holding her hand in the flashback scene, you hear his voice and see his hand.  

All of this connects somehow

She's Luke;s daughter, all the signs point to her being so, she's even a supposed orphan living on a planet that looks like Tattoine, just like Luke did.

I agree, even though it wouldn't be a shocker, the most satisfying resolution would be for Rey to be Luke's daughter.

4 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

We don't need to know every detail.. Sometimes, some things happen off camera.. Given Rey's age, Luke probably banged a female Jawa or Sand Chick around after ROTJ in celebration, then moved on and forgot.. See?? Simple and to the point..

If Rey is in her early 20's then that would place her birth close to a decade after RotJ. There is a Vox article speculating that Rey's English accent (usually denoted as a Coruscanti dialect in the SW universe) most probably comes from her mother. 

• Like 1

One thing I thought of while watching Empire again last night, bear with me.

Luke was raised by his uncle who basically didn't let him do anything.  He didn't teach him anything about his father or Obi-Wan and whatever he did tell him was probably really negative and done so to make sure he doesn't take the same path.  When you raise someone to be so negative, that's who they become later in life.  

When Luke is training with Yoda, he still has that mentality of, this is impossible, I can't do this(I can imagine his uncle telling him, "You can't do that." so much that he began to really believe it).

Whereas Rey, was left alone to fend for herself.  She thinks the Jedi and everything associate is a myth.  However, she is also hopeful.  She is waiting patiently for her parents to come back to get her.  Patience is something Luke never had when he was younger.  She was never beat down mentally by anyone telling her what she could or couldn't do.  

So, when it comes down to it, regardless of heritage or past training she may have received, I can totally buy Rey learning the force a lot faster and more efficiently than Luke.  She isn't as closed-minded and she's very patient.

Just something I thought about.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

Hello Didnt see the movie yet. Anyone tell me about the fate of Han Solo in SW7. I read that he was killed.  Is that true?

Please help

Yes, he is dead.  Kylo, his son, kills him.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

Thank you,

So why Harrison Ford is reported on imdb to play in WS8? I am really confused here.

Probably because Han is stabbed, falls into the void, and dies off screen.   There is no big funeral or sendoff for the Han character in the movie.   We all should know what that can mean in a movie by now.

That puts Disney in the perfect place to operate with or without Ford depending upon his mood imo.    If Ford is done playing the character, Han stays "dead", if they can get him back, he managed to survive like a Han Solo type character normally does.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Probably because Han is stabbed, falls into the void, and dies off screen.   There is no big funeral or sendoff for the Han character in the movie.   We all should know what that can mean in a movie by now.

That puts Disney in the perfect place to operate with or without Ford depending upon his mood imo.    If Ford is done playing the character, Han stays "dead", if they can get him back, he managed to survive like a Han Solo type character normally does.

Thank you for your explanation, Han Solo is my SW favorite character and I think lots of people agree with me. Disney have no interest to kill the mean character in its franchise!!!!

Just now, leatherjacket said:

Thank you for your explanation, Han Solo is my SW favorite character and I think lots of people agree with me. Disney have no interest to kill the mean character in its franchise!!!!

I"m sure they don't....it's probably all up to Ford though.   He's got a little grouchy old man in him.   Didn't help that they dropped the Millennium Falcon on his leg during filming.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I"m sure they don't....it's probably all up to Ford though.   He's got a little grouchy old man in him.   Didn't help that they dropped the Millennium Falcon on his leg during filming.   

I think he is used to accident!!! lol. This is man is like rock. I wish he will continue to play Han and dont forget that Disney have lots of money to keep the likes of Ford, Robert Downey Jr in their most daring franchise. Thank you again and Happy Christmas

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Keep in mind that Harpospoke is pretty much the only person here who thinks Han could rationally, logically, reasonably, or believeably come back in a future installment.

True....I'm the only one who has seen a crap ton of movies where characters that die offscreen don't really die. ;)

36 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

If Ford is done playing the character, Han stays "dead", if they can get him back, he managed to survive like a Han Solo type character normally does.

What are some of these other "Han Solo types" that survived similar situations?

19 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

True....I'm the only one who has seen a crap ton of movies where characters that die offscreen don't really die. ;)

Could you please state for the record at least 5 examples of this and tell us exactly how they were shown to have "died?"

Edited by Darth Rallax

1 minute ago, jandrew said:

Anybody else think Rey is Lukes daughter? Or are we expecting another curveball?

Speculation has run the gauntlet.

After seeing the last scene it for the 4th time I think she is.

Harrison Ford is most certainly not coming back for the sequel. There was an article in the Toronto Sun that explains the reason why he got 25 million dollars for this film is it because it was a one-off film for him. He is not in the sequels at all.

• Like 1