AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

56 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Anybody else think Rey is Lukes daughter? Or are we expecting another curveball?

I think that's the consensus. I kinda doubt they'd use this as a curveball, I think this will be addressed early on in Episode 8 but the real shock will involve someone else like Snoke. 

10 hours ago, darthdevidem01 said:

My whole problem with her being luke's daughter is...

who the heck would be the mum?

why did luke get married? What happened to that relationship? Bla bla

it feels too contrived for me.

Everything you described applies even more to Darth Vader as Luke's father. I mean, at that point Vader was a crazy cyborg villain and we had to assume he married someone and had a kid at some point, which is way more crazy and weird to think about than Luke having been married. 

I'm sure this has been discussed already... But has anyone else noticed the lighting during the scene when Han dies? When the light is shining down on Ren he looks like he sincerely wants help from his father... The moment the light is gone he uses the saber to murder his father. I think he was genuinely battling with his 2 options and made the decision to kill Han last second. 

He is an impulsive emotionally unstable and immature villian. Han almost persuaded him back to the light. Almost. 

Edited by rustyspoons89
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

True....I'm the only one who has seen a crap ton of movies where characters that die offscreen don't really die. ;)

Don't worry. When Han Solo fell into the chasm, he found the lost Holy Grail and healed his saber wounds. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

Probably because Han is stabbed, falls into the void, and dies off screen.   There is no big funeral or sendoff for the Han character in the movie.   We all should know what that can mean in a movie by now.

That puts Disney in the perfect place to operate with or without Ford depending upon his mood imo.    If Ford is done playing the character, Han stays "dead", if they can get him back, he managed to survive like a Han Solo type character normally does.

He ain't coming back. He's wanted to kill Solo for 30 years.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
7 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Keep in mind that Harpospoke is pretty much the only person here who thinks Han could rationally, logically, reasonably, or believeably come back in a future installment.

Then again Darth Maul survived being chopped in half and falling down a similar hole.....although Naboo didn't explode.

But still. I believe Harrison Ford will return as Han Solo in a new movie outside of flashbacks/visions.

Just now, Darth Water Bottle said:

Then again Darth Maul survived being chopped in half and falling down a similar hole.....although Naboo didn't explode.

But still. I believe Harrison Ford will return as Han Solo in a new movie outside of flashbacks/visions.

True, but Maul was also a Sith and I think they used some BS excuse of him channeling his rage to power the Dark Side to sustain himself.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

True, but Maul was also a Sith and I think they used some BS excuse of him channeling his rage to power the Dark Side to sustain himself.

I'm just saying that there's nothing stopping Darth Maul from being in Episode 8 or Episode 9 or Rogue One. :ph34r:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Darth Water Bottle said:

Yes, he survived it...in a CARTOON. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Darth Rallax said:

What are some of these other "Han Solo types" that survived similar situations?

Could you please state for the record at least 5 examples of this and tell us exactly how they were shown to have "died?"

Certainly.   We can of course start with Poe from this very movie.   Brief explanation was all we needed and he was back to life.   "Oh yeah...I was thrown clear"

Gandalf (Fellowship)

Spock (Wrath of Kahn)

Prof X (Xmen 3)

Patrick and SpongeBob (SpongeBob movie)

Letty (Fast and Furious)

Jesus (Passion of the Christ....I couldn't resist)

Neo (Matrix)

Aslan (Chronicles of Narnia)

Lestat (Interview with a Vampire)

Coulson (Avengers)

Nick Fury (AoU)

Groot (GotG)

Bucky (TFA)

Batman (TDKR)

Harry Potter (Deathly Hallows 2)

Ripley (Allen 3)

Westley (The Princess Bride)

Elektra (Daredevil)

Doc Brown (Back to the Future)

Sherlock (Sherlock)

And of course about half the villains ever...including Glen Close's character in Fatal Attraction.   The villain coming back to life is a well known cliche.   I was joking...but I guess I am the only one who has watched a lot of movie.   :P

So my dad saw this and said two things to me, good movie and the lead actress was great. My dad watches movies solely for entertainment and never singles out an actors/actresses performance unless he's already seen them in previous movies and has decided to check the movie out because he's heard good things about their performance in the movie. So yeah, it shocked me to hear him give praise to an actress who he'd never heard of or read about before. I agree with him of course, her performance was easily the best in the movie, I really think Ridley will have a great career, she deserves it.

Edited by Caesar
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Except none of those people were played by an actor who wanted to be killed off for 30 years and doesn't really care much for the franchise. 

Now that I agree with.   Ford not wanting to do it is the only reason I would rule it out.   I see nothing in the actual movie to make me "absolutely sure he's dead" though.

4 minutes ago, Prime Mover and Shaker said:

The only way any part of Han survives is if the explosion of the planet threw his barely alive soul through some sort of space time warp, and said soul (with amnesia) gets planted inside a young archaeologist on Earth sometime in the 1930s.

I like it!

1 hour ago, Harpospoke said:

Certainly.   We can of course start with Poe from this very movie.   Brief explanation was all we needed and he was back to life.   "Oh yeah...I was thrown clear"

Gandalf (Fellowship)

Spock (Wrath of Kahn)

Prof X (Xmen 3)

Patrick and SpongeBob (SpongeBob movie)

Letty (Fast and Furious)

Jesus (Passion of the Christ....I couldn't resist)

Neo (Matrix)

Aslan (Chronicles of Narnia)

Lestat (Interview with a Vampire)

Coulson (Avengers)

Nick Fury (AoU)

Groot (GotG)

Bucky (TFA)

Batman (TDKR)

Harry Potter (Deathly Hallows 2)

Ripley (Allen 3)

Westley (The Princess Bride)

Elektra (Daredevil)

Doc Brown (Back to the Future)

Sherlock (Sherlock)

And of course about half the villains ever...including Glen Close's character in Fatal Attraction.   The villain coming back to life is a well known cliche.   I was joking...but I guess I am the only one who has watched a lot of movie.   :P

since when did Coulson (sp) come back in the Avengers or any other movie?  i thought he was one of the few comic book characters that stayed dead (Gwen Stacy, Uncle Ben).