AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

1 hour ago, Baumer Fett said:

After seeing it for my 4th time I noticed another little nod to the originals. When Finn is on the Millenium Falcon with Ford and chewy, for a split second, and it literally was a split second, you see him pick up a little white sphere. That was the blaster that Luke used to train with in a new home with Obi Wan Kenobi. I laughed out loud watching it today and no one else did when they saw that part. But like I said this was my 4th time seeing it so it's a bit easier to pick these things up.

I don't know if I was overlly sensitive, but I catched that, Alec Guiness and Wilhelms Scream all on my first showing. :D But yeah, I laughed at that and I was alone, who did that. :<

On my second watch I tried to pay more attention to the music. Have a bit more appreciation for the incidential dramatic and action music, and yeah, Rey's theme is really growing on me. The Resistance March is still great, and I really hope Episode 8 further develops Kylo Ren's 5-note cue into something suitable for his probable Power Upgrade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frozen said:

Do you think they will make Finn be Lando's son?

Luke's son.

or a clone, placed by Luke 20 years ago.

Luke has some master plane that's going to finish this, hence the hidden meaning in his name by the writers maybe? Finn...   Finish, End.

If Luke doesn't have some master plan, if he is just running away for 20 years, I will be disappointed with the writers.:D

Finn has an American accent because all stormtroopers have American accents. Even Daniel Craig had to fake his accent in that cameo. It shows that they're low level employees of the Empire/First Order. Only the top brass aristocratic people are British. Which is also what makes Kylo Ren notable and kind of makes him seem like he doesn't belong there. 

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Someone who has never watched Star Wars and only knows a few things about the franchise saw Episode 7 and took notes

http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/force-awakens-star-wars-newbie.html?mid=facebook_vulture

Reads as if they had also never experienced any sort of narrative fiction before.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Hi guys! Anyone wish Abrams was a little bolder? I just feel most of the choices were very safe.

He gets bolder in 8. Kylo and Poe hookup. I think that was pretty ballsy for Disney. 

30 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

If you watched any part of Adam Driver in GIRLS (I have, ill admit it), it is sort of hard to take his journey seriously. He did a fine job but that's all I could think about whenFord's last scene was going on.

You thought he was going to get nude?

• Like 2

Some things I LOVE about the movie:

There's a super quick scene, like maybe a second long, when Finn and Rey are on the Falcon, and Finn picks up a white sphere.  That was the sphere that Luke used for training with the lightsabre.  Loved that small nod to the  original.

Chewy still doesn't like droids and he yells at BB8 just like he did in the original.

I finally heard the Ben Kenobi voice when Rey was in Kanata's basement

The lightsabre going into Rey's hands when it looks like Kylo is taking it, might go down as the greatest scene in SW history.  I know right now "No, I am your father," is probably the clear number one, but that scene in the forest is pretty fucking brilliant.

Hated to see Han go, but loved the whole scene.  I love how the conflict was there with Ben but ultimately he succeeded in doing what he didn't think he could.

Love that Leia and Han named their kid after Obi Wan.

Love Rey, so beautiful and graceful and brilliant in every scene.

Loved Finn.

Loved BB8

Loved Han and Chewy

I just loved it all.

• Like 2

I am sure it was talked about before but I may be leaning towards Rey being a Kenobi.  Not saying that her being a Skywalker isn't probably the top option, but just saying the more I watch (5 times now), I am starting to lean to the Kenobi side ;) 

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

I disagree with you implicitly about her being a Kenobi but tell me why you think that, 75.

don't get me wrong, I won't be surprised at all if she is Luke's kid, and if you put a gun to my head, I would say she is. but I  just I think that may be too obvious.  Also the Obi-wan yelling her name in the vision which really makes no sense if she is Luke's child.  Again, that can just be explained away or ignored :P 

but just even little things like her being the only one with the British accent.  I know it is not genetic, but it could explain that she was raised by people that had the accent like Ben did so it could be passed down to his granddaughter like that.

Again, not saying there is an absolute point in the movie that I can point to and say "see it's obvious" but just little things.

I also can agree that I may be reading too much into things and may just be looking for other options then being a Skywalker :P 

• Like 1