AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

They had terrific chemistry and Daisy should be oscar nominated.  She was terrific.

agreed, she, as well as the other, were great.  But she quickly became one of my favorite characters in the whole saga that quicklyl

• Like 1

Seriously, by the standards of Frozen and Harspoke, who HAS had an onscreen death in a movie lately? Outside of Marion Cottliard's horrific death in TDKR, I can barely think of any examples of major characters in blockbuster films having concrete, definitive death scenes by this ridiculous standard. He got stabbed through the heart with a lightsaber. He's deader than dead. 

Though I will say, debating whether Han is dead is 100000000x times better than listening to people complain about how "weak" Kylo Ren looked without his mask. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frozen said:

So if Han is really, really dead....why does this new Disney casting call for 8 say he is reprising the role?

http://www.moviecastingcall.org/2015/12/star-wars-episode-viii-casting-new-lead-and-supporting-roles.html

Maybe it's a flashback, or maybe they don't wanna give away what happens by saying Ford isn't coming back.

51 minutes ago, 75live said:

don't get me wrong, I won't be surprised at all if she is Luke's kid, and if you put a gun to my head, I would say she is. but I  just I think that may be too obvious.  Also the Obi-wan yelling her name in the vision which really makes no sense if she is Luke's child.  Again, that can just be explained away or ignored :P 

but just even little things like her being the only one with the British accent.  I know it is not genetic, but it could explain that she was raised by people that had the accent like Ben did so it could be passed down to his granddaughter like that.

Again, not saying there is an absolute point in the movie that I can point to and say "see it's obvious" but just little things.

I also can agree that I may be reading too much into things and may just be looking for other options then being a Skywalker :P 

If you're just going off voices she hears in the flashback, then she would have to be part Skywalker, part Kemobi and part Yoda. Good luck figuring how that would work!

Also Jakku is littered with former imperials and she was most likely raised by the Simon Pegg alien who is obviously British. There's tons of characters with British accents in this series. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Seriously, by the standards of Frozen and Harspoke, who HAS had an onscreen death in a movie lately? Outside of Marion Cottliard's horrific death in TDKR, I can barely think of any examples of major characters in blockbuster films having concrete, definitive death scenes by this ridiculous standard. He got stabbed through the heart with a lightsaber. He's deader than dead. 

Though I will say, debating whether Han is dead is 100000000x times better than listening to people complain about how "weak" Kylo Ren looked without his mask. 

I could care less if he's dead or not. I was just throwing out possibilities. I won't post about it again, dang.

13 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Someone who has never watched Star Wars and only knows a few things about the franchise saw Episode 7 and took notes

http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/force-awakens-star-wars-newbie.html?mid=facebook_vulture

Super annoying, she made her self seem like an air head. Honestly if you read it all you can tell she was probably actually taking notes and not watching the movie. Handful of stuff she complained about is explained or obvious. 

"Is Leia still a Princess? They’re not using the word “princess” anymore. It’s another word. Organa?" 

Edited by Jay Salahi
  • Like 1

Just saw this on Tumblah.

TFW you realize Chewbacca probably loved Ben almost as much as Han did.

He was probably ‘Uncle Chewie’.

And Chewie had to raise his gun against him.

Chewie’s a good marksman. He was probably entirely capable of hitting Kylo lethally. But he couldn’t. Because he held Ben as a baby and put him up on his shoulders and let Ben pull on his fur because human babies all seem to go through that awful hair pulling phase.

How could he kill Ben, who had been so small in his big Wookiee arms when he was brand new that Chewie had almost been scared to hold him for fear of breaking him?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rey said:

Chewie’s a good marksman. He was probably entirely capable of hitting Kylo lethally. But he couldn’t. Because he held Ben as a baby and put him up on his shoulders and let Ben pull on his fur because human babies all seem to go through that awful hair pulling phase.

How could he kill Ben, who had been so small in his big Wookiee arms when he was brand new that Chewie had almost been scared to hold him for fear of breaking him?"

Eh, all that goes out the window when you kill the person he swore a life debt too.

11 hours ago, Rey said:

Yeah I get double emotions in the scene as I realised how difficult it must be for chewy to see lil Ben turn evil and kill his pal but also bens dad Han.

It's like a dog seeing its owners son killing it...what turmoil it must go through emotionally only it knows.

Unlike us humans, wookies and dogs are loyal, loving and unselfish.

I have a question, who was the old man at the beginning of the film. Was he someone really important from the past? Someone from the books? I don't recall anyone mentioning his name (and I've seen it 4 times now).

Also, if anyone has time check this review out (I know it's long but I love listening to long reviews). They've got some great feedback and some great theories revolving how the future of the series goes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJoTyNikmZc

4 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

I have a question, who was the old man at the beginning of the film. Was he someone really important from the past? Someone from the books? I don't recall anyone mentioning his name (and I've seen it 4 times now).

Also, if anyone has time check this review out (I know it's long but I love listening to long reviews). They've got some great feedback and some great theories revolving how the future of the series goes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJoTyNikmZc

The Max Von Sydow character obviously is an ally of the resistance and he knew Han and Leia, even Ben Solo.  He says Leia is still royalty in his eyes, so this must mean he has known her for at least 30 years.  He and Kylo/Ben also know each other ass Kylo remarks that he has gotten old.  So he is probably a man who was in the resistance and now makes his home on Jakku.  I also wonder if he kept an eye on Rey as well.  She's on Jakku, so is he and somehow the Falcon ends up there.....all of these cannot be coincidences.

• Like 2