AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

13 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Yeah, I enjoyed his camp Nazi - especially his Nuremberg Rally moment. 

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the Third Reich imagery. It isn't new to the Star Wars universe and was so purposefully overwrought here. 

Edited by TStechnij

3 hours ago, tribefan695 said:
5 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

I meant to mention that in my comments.

They killed off one of the most popular characters in movie history.

If they were playing it safe Luke would have saved Rey's ass, R2D2 would have been with Rey/Finn and manged to take down the shield without anyone knowing about it... and Han and Leia would have ended up doing it in the cockpit of an X-Wing after he proved again he'll do what is right when it's for her.

Harrison Ford looked the most alive I'd seen him in years. A real shame they killed him off and in such an unceremonious fashion

Yeah but is he actually dead. Not convinced unless I see a body.

5 minutes ago, warriormonk said:

It is executed much better. But the underlying story? No way to know that till after 8 and 9. Most people don't bother to look at it because they cant get past the failed execution, but the underlying story is stellar in the prequels.

Mr. Plinkett and many others disgaree with you. The prequels make absolutely no sense. Both Phantom Menace and Revenge Of The Sith fall apart 7 minutes into it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcXyZn9xjg

By far the best takedown I've seen of why that movie doesn't work and why the prequels don't work as a whole. They don't have heart. 95% of it is actors on green screen or blue screen. There is never any urgency, characters just walk and talk or sit down and talk some more. We never see Anakin and Obi Wans friendship blossom, we only hear tales of it. It's brought up once in Attack Of The Clones and then again in Revenge Of The Sith. 

Here at least we saw how Rey, Poe & Finn could come together just like in ANH. Yes a lot of it was coincidental but it worked for the story. 

Edited by somebody85

7 minutes ago, warriormonk said:

It is executed much better. But the underlying story? No way to know that till after 8 and 9. Most people don't bother to look at it because they cant get past the failed execution, but the underlying story is stellar in the prequels.

Story is execution. There's nothing inherently interesting about Anakin becoming Darth Vader if you fuck it up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Well, I don't want to get into the comparative merits of both here, but Yes, I did.

Frankly, if me liking it more than Inside Out didn't rattle you you may as well let this go

[emoji20] two different people, you and I.

I again, wish you luck.

I did enjoy this movie, but I do think it has glaring flaws that I could not overlook. TGD is just one of those films I have to protect at this point. It's had too much of an effect already

As a feminist, I'm SO fucking happy with Rey.

I wanna be Daisy so bad, but I'm such a stan after this.

LOVED the film.

LOATHED how underused Isaac was. UGH. I love him, and he looked SO handsome. OOZING charisma even though he was given so little.

AND A FEMALE X-WING PILOT??? AND A WOMAN OF COLOR??? BLESS.

I LOVE JJ ABRAMS.

• Like 5