AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

I watched it again in 3D this time. Unfortunately it was on a screen probably one quarter the size of Sydney IMAX.  It was about 80% full on a midday Sunday. 

I loved it just as much on the second viewing. Maybe even more so. I probably kept myself to spoiler free if such a thing is possible. 

• Like 1

Also, there's a video on youtube (someone filming in the theatre which is just plain wrong) but it did something interesting. During 

Spoiler

Han's death

they put in the music from ROTJ of Luke's final smackdown with Darth Vader (right before he cuts off his hand) and holy crap is that thing effective. They should have used it in the actual movie. I would have 

Spoiler

cried

for a full hour instead of just half an hour...

31 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I agree. It was a nice little tease and is better than saving him for Episode 8. 

Actually I thought if they just showed Rey going into hyperspace looking for Luke it would've been the perfect place to stop.

Though the blue balls waiting to see Luke in SW8 would be something awful.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 3

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

What were the final shots of the prequels? I can't remember. :lol:  (wait, I think I know CLONES': it was Smoochie-Face McLovers holding hands and stuff, right?)

TPM: Basically the ANH celebration ceremony but on Naboo.

AOTC: The wedding ceremony (which at least had some nice cinematography)

ROTS: Baby Luke being held by Uncle Owen Lars and his wife. It's actually a pretty good shot that feeds into the original trilogy.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Also, there's a video on youtube (someone filming in the theatre which is just plain wrong) but it did something interesting. During 

Hide contents

Han's death

they put in the music from ROTJ of Luke's final smackdown with Darth Vader (right before he cuts off his hand) and holy crap is that thing effective. They should have used it in the actual movie. I would have 

Reveal hidden contents

for a full hour instead of just half an hour...

No need for spoiler tags here. :P

While I loved seeing Luke at the end, you could've done a nice, EMPIRE-esque end with Chewie and Rey heading off. However, if that were the case, they would've had to keep Hamill's participation a secret, or at the very least held off on announcing his return as part of the cast until after this movie came out.

• Like 2

Also, rank top 5 lightsaber duels (can be based on quality, effectiveness, emotion etc)

5. Duel of the Fates TPM

4. Yoda vs Emperor ROTS

3. Luke vs Vader ESB

2. Luke vs Vader ROTJ

1. Anakin vs Obi-Wan ROTS

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

While I loved seeing Luke at the end, you could've done a nice, EMPIRE-esque end with Chewie and Rey heading off. However, if that were the case, they would've had to keep Hamill's participation a secret, or at the very least held off on announcing his return as part of the cast until after this movie came out.

Final shots of ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, and now TFA all featured Luke. For some reason, this makes me happy. ;)

• Like 3

Duels:

1) Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader ESB
2) Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader ROTJ
3) Rey vs Kylo Ren TFA
4) Obi Wan, Qui Gon vs Darth Maul (really only because of Duel Of The Fates)
5) Obi Wan vs Darth Vader ANH

TPM, AOTC & ROTS are all too choreographed. There is no heart and intensity behind them. Lightsaber battles are supposed to be sloppy and those were definitely not. There was emotion at the start of the finale to ROTS and then it just kept going and getting more ridiculous. It didn't feel real. And Yoda vs The Emperor was retarded too, especially how easily he gives up for no reason.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Duels:

1) Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader ESB
2) Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader ROTJ
3) Rey vs Kylo Ren TFA
4) Obi Wan, Qui Gon vs Darth Maul (really only because of Duel Of The Fates)
5) Obi Wan vs Darth Vader ANH

TPM, AOTC & ROTS are all too choreographed. There is no heart and intensity behind them. Lightsaber battles are supposed to be sloppy and those were definitely not. There was emotion at the start of the finale to ROTS and then it just kept going and getting more ridiculous. It didn't feel real. And Yoda vs The Emperor was retarded too, especially how easily he gives up for no reason.

:bravo:

• Like 1