AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

3 minutes ago, Michael Gary Scott said:

I can't by them being twins why wouldn't Solo or Leia say anything doesn't make sense    

1) Luke's... so Han would not know

2) The hug between Rey & Leia over Han's death when they had never met before implied Leia does know who she is.

3) It's Hollywood.... no requirement it makes sense in this movie.

29 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

We didn't clearly see Han die.    We clearly assume Han died.   ...And then he died off-camera.    That's the #1 red flag in movies.    This is not something I made up about movies....we all know this.

No, the number one red flag is hearing a gunshot and then hearing something that sounds like a body hit the water.  That's dying off-screen.

When someone visibly gets stabbed, falls into an endless chasm, and then get's blown up, that's dying on screen.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phil in the Blank said:

Putting aside the issues of Rey being able to match it in a lightsaber duel with Kylo (which for the record, I feel is plausible), My God did I love the light sabre battles in this one. The Prequels just felt like choreographed dancing while TFA just felt so much more....brutal.

This

tumblr_mva3m3yQNg1sjzbuao1_400.gif 

Vs

ForceAwakens1.gif

So much more brutal, More emotional, more engaging, more betterererer.

Also, how many Star Wars lightsaber duels are both duellists actually trying to kill each other?  It's likely that Kylo here is tying to get Luke's lightsaber from Fin first and then kill him with it.  Then, when he fights Rey he's not trying to kill her but convert her.  He over-estimates his own strength after being shot with Chewy's gun (and the movie did build up that it was a pretty powerful gun) and her willingness to listen to him.  He also under-estimated her growing strength with the Force.  

Kylo had already told Snoke that the Force was strong in Rey but that she didn't know it.  Clearly growing up alone on Jakku, like Anakin on Tatooine, Rey had developed a part of her innate ability with the Force without actually realising it was the Force.  She was a natural pilot and fighter because she could anticipate things and see them a fraction before they happened.  Just as Anakin was a good pod racer.

Even so, neither of them really held there own against Kylo.  They both struggled against him.  Half of Rey's fight involved her back tracking and beating back his blows.

1 minute ago, Darth Rallax said:

No, the number one red flag is hearing a gunshot and then hearing something that sounds like a body hit the water.  That's dying off-screen.

When someone visibly gets stabbed, falls into an endless chasm, and then get's blown up, that's dying on screen.  

Like Ren ( 2 out of 3 )

1 minute ago, Darth Rallax said:

It's not actually.    That's still dying off screen.   Not sure how that's debatable.

I'm sensing an emotional attachment to the idea that Han died.

11 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

I now believe Rey and Poe are twins...

Problem with that is we already know a fair bit about Poe's origin from canon material. Rey being a twin doesn't sync up with those details.

Edited by Dr 3va2an

2 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

It's not actually.    That's still dying off screen.   Not sure how that's debatable.

And I'm sensing an an emotional attachment to a character that you can't let go of.

4 minutes ago, Dr 3va2an said:

Problem with that is we already know a fair bit about Poe's origin from canon material. Rey being a twin doesn't sync up with those details.

New cannon?  I've never read it ... where can I find it?

Is Poe force sensitive in the cannon... I assumed that was why he was a great pilot

3 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Like Rallax said: we see a lightsaber go through him, followed by falling into a chasm on a planet that explodes. What the hell are you talking about with "emotional attachment"? Are you being dense on purpose?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

New cannon?  I've never read it ... where can I find it?

Is Poe force sensitive in the cannon... I assumed that was why he was a great pilot

Poe's parents were introduced in this comic miniseries:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Shattered_Empire

There is also canon information about him and his family from some junior novels and the Force Awakens Visual Dictionary. He was born about 2 years post-Endor, so he is definitely several years older than Rey.

Edited by Dr 3va2an

12 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

1) Luke's... so Han would not know

2) The hug between Rey & Leia over Han's death when they had never met before implied Leia does know who she is.

3) It's Hollywood.... no requirement it makes sense in this movie.

1) Yikes... and ew.

2) It just implies that they both shared a connection with Han and felt his loss.

3) Well yeah...

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

I enjoy those who still cling to the "Rey is Han and Leia's daughter" theory. Yes, they had a daughter but either A) have no memory of having one or B) decide to ignore her after abandoning her on a desert planet. 

Plus if they had a second child, you'd think he or she would have come up at some point during their conversations about Kylo (B)ren.

Edited by Dr 3va2an

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I enjoy those who still cling to the "Rey is Han and Leia's daughter" theory. Yes, they had a daughter but either A) have no memory of having one or B) decide to ignore her after abandoning her on a desert planet. 

So basically Rey is Casey Affleck and Ben is their Murph! They don't care about her.

• Like 1