WrathOfHan

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D | August 25, 2017 at AMC Theaters, everywhere else one week later

This feels like something they would readily pull if they found some cool Sundance film they could stake out an off season date with. Especially with the other Star Wars and ID4 re-releases getting nixed I want to see an actual date before I get excited about the notion 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

By the way, thanks so much for posting that T2 breakdown and thematics analysis @NuTella Lover of Sky Beams.

When he started talking about the visual motif of crushing as a metaphor of challenging authority to become an individual, I was hooked. (Speaking of which, he omits the police car toy being crushed by T1000 wheel and the infamous human skull crushing by T-800 endoskeleton that opens the movie that kind of emcompasses the entire crux of Terminator's drama contained in one memorable piece of imagery: Mankind's demise being crushed by technology he contributed to create). When you watch it at first, it just seems there for the sake of a cool visual. It just works but you don't know exactly why relating to the rest. But the recurrence of that motif imbued within the story's tissue show that nothing happens without purpose in a Cameron movie. The "pendulum" scene, mall scene and reservoir scene analysis is brilliant stuff I've never seen being made on T2.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

By the way, thanks so much for posting that T2 breakdown and thematics analysis @NuTella Lover of Sky Beams.

When he started talking about the visual motif of crushing as a metaphor of challenging authority to become an individual, I was hooked. (Speaking of which, he omits the police car toy being crushed by T1000 wheel and the infamous human skull crushing by T-800 endoskeleton that opens the movie that kind of emcompasses the entire crux of Terminator's drama contained in one memorable piece of imagery: Mankind's demise being crushed by technology he contributed to create). When you watch it at first, it just seems there for the sake of a cool visual. It just works but you don't know exactly why relating to the rest. But the recurrence of that motif imbued within the story's tissue show that nothing happens without purpose in a Cameron movie. The "pendulum" scene, mall scene and reservoir scene analysis is brilliant stuff I've never seen being made on T2.

I get the feeling he would've been happy to keep talking and breaking down imagery for hours -- going through the whole film literally beat-by-beat. But he just picked those few moments for the three characters as an overview of their arcs.

• Like 1

Where's the trailer?!

Funny, wanting to see a trailer for a movie you have seen over a dozen times. :)

I go to the movies only a couple times a year but i won't miss out on seeing T2 on the big screen for the first time. And what's more, we'll finally get a great bluray transfer!

• Like 1

On 8/30/2016 at 1:10 PM, Elessar said:

Where's the trailer?!

Funny, wanting to see a trailer for a movie you have seen over a dozen times. :)

I go to the movies only a couple times a year but i won't miss out on seeing T2 on the big screen for the first time. And what's more, we'll finally get a great bluray transfer!

I want the trailer with new content.