• Best!
    • 2nd best
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 2nd to last
    • worst!

On 1/16/2016 at 5:26 PM, The Dark Alfred said:

I honestly can't take anyone's list seriously who puts TFA ahead of ANH. I know that occasionally a remake is better than the original, but come on now.

But I was going to Tosche station to pick up some power converterrrrs.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2016 at 8:26 PM, The Dark Alfred said:

I honestly can't take anyone's list seriously who puts TFA ahead of ANH. I know that occasionally a remake is better than the original, but come on now.

I honestly can't take anyone seriously who doesn't value other people's opinions.

• Like 3

On 2016-01-29 at 0:43 AM, DAJK said:

Seen Force Awakens again, and I'm now even more sure on my ranking. Warning: you will all hate me.

1. ROTS

2. ROTJ

3. ESB

4. ATOC

5. TFA

6. ANH

7. TPM

ROTS is a cinematic masterpiece. Don't think I've ever seen a so much over-the-topped film. The opening sequence breaks all the rules -- borderline action dramedy. 

• Like 1

I watched it again last night and it's either first or second for me. Empire Strikes Back is the other contender, but it's really dated if you watch it in modern times. I didn't like the original Trilogy as much as everyone else, though.

I'll go this way:

1. ESB
  2. TFA
  3. ROTS
  4. ATOC
  5. ANH
  6. ESB
  7. TPM
  • Like 1

I watched it again last night and it's either first or second for me. Empire Strikes Back is the other contender, but it's really dated if you watch it in modern times. I didn't like the original Trilogy as much as everyone else, though.

I'll go this way:

1. ESB
  2. TFA
  3. ROTS
  4. ATOC
  5. ANH
  6. ESB
  7. TPM

You must really hate Return of the Jedi...[emoji39]

• Like 1

Technically died for dead last with Attack of the Clones. Not interested in ranking the other films. TFA was a big fat disappointment. Rian Johnson being writer and director of Ep 8, and writer of Ep 9 is the only hope of saving this trilogy from mediocrity and ending the trilogy on a memorable note.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fromthegrave said:

Technically died for dead last with Attack of the Clones. Not interested in ranking the other films. TFA was a big fat disappointment. Rian Johnson being writer and director of Ep 8, and writer of Ep 9 is the only hope of saving this trilogy from mediocrity and ending the trilogy on a memorable note.

Historically, the first of each trilogy has been a bit weaker than the others. I guess it's because the first always carries the burden of exposition and character introduction that sequels don't have.

So I think your hope for 8 and 9 is well-founded!

You should give TFA a second chance. There is lots of great stuff in there, and often films this hyped are more a victim of mismatched expectations than being bad movies in their own right.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Popcorn Lobotomy said:

Historically, the first of each trilogy has been a bit weaker than the others. I guess it's because the first always carries the burden of exposition and character introduction that sequels don't have.

So I think your hope for 8 and 9 is well-founded!

You should give TFA a second chance. There is lots of great stuff in there, and often films this hyped are more a victim of mismatched expectations than being bad movies in their own right.

Well that's an interesting point, as many fans like A New Hope more than Return of the Jedi. For me personally, ANH is tied with ROTJ.

My problems with Force Awakens I briefly mentioned in the review forum on the film thread.

I did actually give it a second chance. Despite not really enjoying the movie that much, I gave it a second chance and saw it twice in theaters. The second time sadly, I liked it even less than the first viewing.

4 hours ago, Fromthegrave said:

Despite not really enjoying the movie that much, I gave it a second chance and saw it twice in theaters. The second time sadly, I liked it even less than the first viewing.

Oh well, fingers crossed for Johnson and Trevorrow, then, eh?

Edited by Popcorn Lobotomy
  • Like 1