4) Return of the Jedi A-

5) Revenge of the Sith A-

6) Attack of the Clones B

7) The Phantom Menace B-

1) TFA

2) ESP

3) ANH

4) ROTJ

Decided I don't care about the PT anymore.  Doubt I'll ever watch them again.

I've seen TFA 5 times now.  At least 2 more times to get the IMAX posters.  I'm not even close of getting tired of it.  

The last few times I tried to figure out way I've been ranking ESB over TFA and decided there was no good reason.

The characters in TFA are better and the story much more level.  ESB had some great highs but also more lows.  TFA is just quality all the way through.

Vader is a great villain but there is no growth in his character.  I can already tell Ren is going have a great and complicated character arc... can't wait to see where he ends up. 

1. ESB

2. ANH

3. ROTJ

4. TFA

ROTJ and TFA are overall about the same to me.  Though, the high point of ROTJ (Vader vs. Luke vs. Emperor) is definitely better than anything in TFA(it holds up most of the movie IMO).

Haven't seen any of prequels in almost 10 years and I doubt I'll ever watch them again, I don't own any of them on DVD/BR.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

How much I personally enjoy each of the films:

1. Revenge of the Sith

2. The Empire Strikes Back

3. Attack of the Clones (hugely underrated)

4. A New Hope

5. The Force Awakens

6. Return of the Jedi

7. The Phantom Menace

• Like 2

After my 5th watch, I'm bumping TFA to number 1. Acting is best of the series and I loved all of the new characters especially Rey. She was fantastic in her role. I loved that Ren is an unfinished product. His character arc in 8 and 9 will be great. Ford was great. Visuals including Cinematography is the best of series. Score is a very good just not as good as OT. overall it remains 9.5 out of 10 for me, just a smidge better than ESB and ANH.

• Like 3

1. ESB (****) 
  2. TFA (***1/2, a better acted, better directed, better written, better produced cousin of ANH)
  3. ROTJ (***1/2)
  4. ANH (***)
  5. ROTS (***)
  6. TPM (**)
  7. AOTC (*1/2)

I've got to say, there's not a ton separating the top three.  I wasn't around in 77 for ANH's release.  The first time I watched it as an eleven year old, I had already seen great action blockbusters like JP.  It wasn't a groundbreaking achievement for me, just a very entertaining adventure that was clearly filmed on a budget.  ESB was the movie that got me totally hooked, and is as re-watchable to me as any of my favorite movies (LOTR, TDK, ESB form that group).

TFA is very much of the same DNA as ANH, but just done a significantly better.  It's actually a pretty powerful film on its own merits, that I think it will grow on all of us after some times passes, and we stop trying to compare it to the original three, particularly ANH.

ROTS is solid, powerful, and easy to rewatch.

TPM and AOTC are a purposeful blur in my memory, aside from the lightsaber duels and the music.