Plain Old Tele

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

Yes Disney really needs to do something with that. Either move EP8 to December or switch Guardians 2 with Thor: Ragnarok

Imagine some of those Guardians 2 + Star Wars 8 double features.  Sci-Fantasy overload.

1 minute ago, The Panda Menace said:

Imagine some of those Guardians 2 + Star Wars 8 double features.  Sci-Fantasy overload.

Haha definitely. Of course Guardians isn't on Star Wars level but since the first one was maybe Marvel's best film and had great WOM, I imagine it's going to do amazing business ($130 million OW, $400 million domestic if it's on the originals level) which isn't something even Star Wars wants spillover from due to such a close date and similar content. If they're dead set on leaving Star Wars for Memorial weekend (I believe they are especially since it's the 40th anniversary of the franchise) then switching GOTG 2 with Thor 3 would make the most sense to me for both brands. Why compete with yourself? lol

2 minutes ago, langer said:

Didn't Spider Man achieve that in 2002?

Yep.

1. Spider-Man 114

2. Harry Potter 90

3. The Lost World 72

4. Spider-Man 2nd Weekend 71

Then AOTC bumped it to #5 the next weekend.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Orestes said:

I'm not actually sure. I was thinking maybe in '89 with Batman or '83 with Jedi it might've happened, too. But OWs were way smaller back then.

True - not sure either myself.  Still can't believe that OW and those early legs...