Plain Old Tele

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

What if Rth IS Dean, though? Both are mysterious figures spoken about in awed whispers with connections at the very top of the movie business and lots of secret inside information. Maybe Kal and Rth/Dean are playing the long game on us. 

:ohmygod:

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Empire the Lesser said:

Curled up in a ball shaking in the corner of his room singing that Leona Lewis Avatar song. 

That song was in the biggest movie(for now) and I don't think I heard it once on the radio

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

If SW7 makes 1 billion domestic, nothing is gonna beat that for the next 30 years except MAYBE Episode 8 which must make it extra depressing for Kal

Eh, if one of the others in the trilogy has a chance at getting close to matching SW7, it'll be SW9 Return of the Jedi style.  Even if Episode 8 is great, it's going to have the Empire Strikes Back kind of dip.

Edited by The Panda Menace
  • Like 5

Wow, just wow

"LOS ANGELES - December 23, 2015 - "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is powering up for a second historic weekend at the top of Fandango's Fanticipation movie buzz indicator with a rare 100 out of 100 points. The top Fanticipation ranking has only appeared four times previously since Fandango started ranking films in 2013, and has never appeared in back-to-back weeks for the same movie.

Christmas Day 2015 also promises to be a day for the record books, as Friday's sales are on track to far outpace sales for previous Christmas Days at the same point in the Fandango sales cycle. Fandango's previous best-selling Christmas was in 2012, when "Les Miserables, "Django Unchained" and other hits were released."

http://pro.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2015-12-23-fandango-star-wars-the-force-awakens-new-releases-driving-biggest-christmas-day-sales-in-company-history

• Like 10

I'm just saying this, if it does indeed pass Titanic adjusted or just come close, then it goes down as the most impressive BO run ever. Titanic was in theaters for a whole goddamn year and TFA has to deal with internet piracy and a shorter time in theaters along with a more crowded marketplace. The fact it's even approaching these numbers already puts it in rare company. I'm still having trouble comprehending how insane this is.

• Like 11

I've been saying for a while Christmas is going to be a more than normal monster day. Families are going to come out in droves. I think something extra massive happens as the cultural phenomenon. I might be crazy but something pushing 60 could be in store to shut the forum down.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

I've been saying for a while Christmas is going to be a more than normal monster day. Families are going to come out in droves. I think something extra massive happens as the cultural phenomenon. I might be crazy but something pushing 60 could be in store to shut the forum down.  

If TFA can pull 37-40m on weekdays then 60m on a Christmas Friday is definitely on the table.

7 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

Am I the only one that doesn't care about "adjusted" numbers? I simply don't give a shit.

Sorry.

To an extent I agree, but it's completely insane (in the most fun way possible) to finally have a blockbuster that is mercilessly destroying others even adjusted for inflation.

This is a truly historic run and I hope everyone appreciate just how rare this is. I know I am. :wub:

• Like 6

I have to say, how I have NEVER stumbled onto this forum before is pure enigma to me. I came here from reddit, and this forum looks awesome!

Anyway, holy crap! This is a completely unreal hold. I'm the guy who said 230 M opening week-end was an audacious number, and I expected it to be below that.

Now, what's happening right now exactly? I just... what the... is this even real?

I've been following box office for years now, and I've never seen anything like this. So exciting, I can barely do anything meaningful during the day! Sure, I work... but yeah, mind's not on it. I hadn't even planned on seeing the movie more than once, but that's it now, I have to go back a 3rd time. Maybe even 4th. Be a part of history :P

Whatever, pleased to meet y'all, greetings from Canada, and I'll be sure to stick around! This is completely insane.

~Dax

P.S. Small question, does anybody know the %female audience right now? If I recall correctly it was 70% male on premiere day, but it was shifting quite abruptly and now, I don't know what's the status on it? Anyway, gotta work on a proper avatar now...

• Like 23