Dementeleus

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

2 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

$180.5 million ($569 million)

$120 million ($834 million)

$65 million ($944 million)

$50 million/$64 million ($1.034 billion)

$28 million ($1.074 billion)

$20 million ($1.104 billion)

$11 million ($1.120 billion)

$10 million/$12 million ($1.137 billion)

$6 million ($1.145 billion)

$4 million ($1.150 billion)

130m+ tickets in its initial release... whoa

Me likey.

15 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Yeah it is so much better buying tickets on fandango than waiting in line. I don't think I will ever go to another big movie without them again. I think the first time I used it was The Avengers or The Hunger Games.

Can you not just buy tickets online in advance directly from the theater you want to go? It's the norm in the UK.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Killimano3 said:

Avatar must be the movie with the most forgotten lead out of any massive film. I mean sure some huge movies don't have the most memorable lead actors but seriously I don't think there was a point when anybody recognized Sam Worthington for his role lol

Tbh, a lot of Avatar seems to have been strangely forgotten for how big it was.  I still see and hear references to old classics, I see references to Titanic, I see references to tons of fandoms, but Avatar really seems like the Harlem Shake kind of thing.  It got extremely popular for four and five months and then everyone ceased to care.

The last time I've seen it referenced (outside of this forum or from a media column on a website) was on a Twitter hashtag, and it was basically somebody calling it "That Pocahontas rip off with blue people"

Maybe it's more popular than I think it is?  But it's like it was forgotten from the pop-culture conscious.  

• Like 1

Just now, Hatebox said:

Can you not just buy tickets online in advance directly from the theater you want to go? It's the norm in the UK.

Most theaters in the US don't have reserved seating yet, though it's becoming increasingly common in the cities and for premium theaters.

• Like 1

For @ DarthArachnid!™

and others

WB (not complete)
Creed    $1,055,000    -4%    2,433    -1069    $434    $90,902,000    
In the Heart of the Sea    $715,000    -12%    3,103    0    $230    $20,775,000    

Picturehouse:
Big Stone Gap          $462     -6%     3     $154       $1,009,867    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smerfy01 said:

These are funny. Dare I say $25M is well within reach? Heck, $30M seems likely at this point.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Tbh, a lot of Avatar seems to have been strangely forgotten for how big it was.  I still see and hear references to old classics, I see references to Titanic, I see references to tons of fandoms, but Avatar really seems like the Harlem Shake kind of thing.  It got extremely popular for four and five months and then everyone ceased to care.

The last time I've seen it referenced (outside of this forum or from a media column on a website) was on a Twitter hashtag, and it was basically somebody calling it "That Pocahontas rip off with blue people"

Maybe it's more popular than I think it is?  But it's like it was forgotten from the pop-culture conscious.  

really strange, the books about Avatar (making-of,....) still get lent in the school library.

Less often than Star Wars especially this year, but that is no surprise to me, a lot more new Star Wars books are there (over 10)  than new Avatar books ( = none)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Most theaters in the US don't have reserved seating yet, though it's becoming increasingly common in the cities and for premium theaters.

That is the weirdest fucking thing ever to me since every theater chain here has reserved sitting. Even the shitty ones!

• Like 3

I've got my tv on cartoon network and theres so many star wars commercials. Before I turned on the tv, I was playing pandora and a star wars car ad started playing. I don't even remember the car, just that memorable SW theme.