Dementeleus

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

7 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

No one is saying Dec is weak for boxoffice. It HAS always been a great time of the year for boxoffice. I'm just saying that SW7 is raising studios' expectation on Dec to A LOT higher level and they will probably start to treat Dec the way they do with the summer.

I never said you said it was weak. I said over the last 20 years (if we want to include Titanic) the evidence has been there for studios to go all in on that weekend pre Christmas. We agree in principle.

58 minutes ago, Heretic said:

That's incredible for Christmas Eve! Dropped between just 10-15% then! So around £56.5m ($84m) Thu-Thu. 

Will be be close to the $100m after Sunday. Unbelievable numbers, the equivalent of around $600m in the US after the second weekend. 

Merry Christmas all! 

to add to Good Olive's post a bit more details via Heretic's post

17 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

There's the Resident Evil movie, and then there's.... whatever this is supposed to be: http://www.indiewire.com/article/holy-f-cking-sh-t-discovery-of-roar-the-most-dangerous-movie-ever-made-20150707

I remember that one (haven't seen the movie, but it's details made the news)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083001/?ref_=nv_sr_3

the (famous) lead actress (Tippi Hedren) took at least one lion in later on (maybe more) who lived freely roaming in their house, hence the reason her daughter (also aactress = Melanie Griffith) has still a scar on her face.

But that movie's injuries was based on in the end unpredictable animals

= stupidity of some people to even do the movie in such way.

Resident's has an horrible avoidable accident via faulty equipment and now again an accident with probably unsecured equipment

= makes both IMHO even more avoidable (and a death + the kind of injuries and its not repairable parts are IMHO even worse)

They did some re-news about Roar I see (probably based on the first time release in the US do many years later?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeX4Zveho7k

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Not 200m+ OW and 600m+ DOM good (except Avatar of cause but I said it was an alien that couldn't be copied). And now SW7 showed you could actually do that good (and even a lot more) in Dec.

Small opener but 500m adjusted is fantastic for RotK. It was 3 hours, less shows, and less hype

Sw7 would have done this June aswell.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

If it hits $178 million+ that will be a second weekend record that stands for, hell, 20 or 30 years honestly. That would be 70% over the current record!

maybe my maths are bad by woundn't that be 85% of current record? 70% would be 150 mil or so. Could be wrong though. 

1 hour ago, CJ Ren said:

Great Christmas Eve. I am playing the best game of PS3 on PS4: Uncharted 2 Among Thieves. And the train setpiece just ended and it was as amazing as I remembered.

That's not The Last of Us ;)   But no, Uncharted 2 is amazing and I'm playing through the Drake Collection on PS4 myself now too.  Games still hold up really well and they're great remasters (2 and 3 still look amazing).

And back to the #s, can't wait for that Rth update!!

And Merry Christmas and happy holidays fellow bots!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

Star Wars is turning you all into uncontrollable monsters :kitschjob:

If it doesn't get the record today,  Disney should just pull the film from theatres out of embarrassment and shame. 

• Like 2

no news via search machine, so I took another look in thr International part of the forum. To me it's interesting e.g. to see in which country the cinemas are closed/open at which time of day during the holidays

Romania:

12 hours ago, James said:

Star Wars' weekdays were pretty strong but tomorrow (Friday 25th) most theaters are closed and today there were very few shows till 4-5PM and none after that so I imagine it will be quite hard or even impossible for SW to match The Hobbit 3's -22% hold (last year, Christmas day was on a Thursday). Still, I hope for over 200.000 admissions for the week (biggest week ever in adm is FF7's first week with 210.625).

Mexico:

3 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

TFA latest reported total: US$14.8M. 6th biggest worldwide market. US$20M may cone short by Sunday..

alll 3 = Australia:

10 hours ago, Ball Lightning said:

Today was around a 50% drop from yesterday for Star Wars at my work. Still our busiest Christmas Eve ever with Star Wars making more then any other Christmas Eve with all films combined (except in 2002). Tomorrow will be an interesting day, no idea how it'll play. It's 35C in Melbourne which might help drive families to the cinemas in the evening. 

(summer = that's rather warm = 95°F)

2 hours ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

X-Mas day numbers aren't going to be that exciting, in my city most of the cinemas are closed and the one that aren't only start showing from 3PM. Boxing day should make up for it though.:P

Having said that, I'm going for my second viewing today instead because there aren't many good seats left for me tomorrow.

14 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

$38,537,569

Just now, FTF said:

Yeah that month delay is going to suck! lol

It is even more funny when Sony just sunk a ton of cash to have an exclusive trailer attached to every copy of Star Wars WW promoting the March 18 release date of the game last weekend.