kayumanggi

ZOOTOPIA | 682.5 M overseas ● 1023.8 M worldwide

1 hour ago, Max said:

Good man. B)

You didn't succumb to the temptation of the streaming! Two days ago, a downloadable HD version was (unfortunately) released online so my fellow countrymen who didn't buy the cinema ticket jumped on the opportunity to download the movie. (How irritating really :angry:). Anyway, I am glad you enjoyed it!

@LMAbacus The movie is still showing but mainly in Paris and the sub moviesurbs. It is probably still showing in the very large cities such as Lyon but I am not 100% sure. When I think about it, Zootopia was released here on the 17th of February, that's crazy.

Well, I try not to watch these movies illegally when I can :) Great movies deserve my money :P

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

When will it reach $1B?

June 5 at the latest.

Here's how Zootopia has been doing the past few weeks:

Cume ($M as of:) 08-May   15-May   22-May  
Domestic 328.2 (+4.4) 331.8 (+3.6) 334.4 (+2.6)
OS-Japan 602.1 (+6.6) 604.7 (+2.6) 606.7 (+2.0)
Japan 27.9   34.3 (+6.4) 41.3 (+7.0)
Total 958.2   970.8 (+12.6) 982.4 (+11.6)

Domestic by the end of this weekend should be ~$336.5M, OS-Japan ~$608M, Japan $48-49M. Total about $993M. With ~$7M left to go, weekend of June 3-5 will definitely get us there.

• Like 1

So, Zootopia has now passed The Lion King for fourth highest-grossing animated film of all time, a little earlier than expected. But not because Zootopia has suddenly jumped past $987M worldwide, but rather because The Lion King just had its OS gross reduced by about $19M on Box Office Mojo, resulting in $968M worldwide.

Anyone know what's going on there? Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but not sure where else to post.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

So, Zootopia has now passed The Lion King for fourth highest-grossing animated film of all time, a little earlier than expected. But not because Zootopia has suddenly jumped past $987M worldwide, but rather because The Lion King just had its OS gross reduced by about $19M on Box Office Mojo, resulting in $968M worldwide.

Anyone know what's going on there? Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but not sure where else to post.

I think that $968M for The Lion King must be a typo......

If only BOM fixes the WW-gross for TLK and updates it to a higher gross. I'm not satisfied with that $968M, tbh.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think that $968M for The Lion King must be a typo......

If only BOM fixes the WW-gross for TLK and updates it to a higher gross. I'm not satisfied with that $968M, tbh.

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah, that's a mistake right there. Big fuckup for Box Office Mojo.

But where do you think the mistake is? In the original OS figure, which they only now discovered to be $19 million too high? Or in the current figure? I don't think it's a typo, because as far as I can see no other updates to the page were made, so it'd be pretty weird for the number to suddenly change by accident.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

But where do you think the mistake is? In the original OS figure, which they only now discovered to be $19 million too high? Or in the current figure? I don't think it's a typo, because as far as I can see no other updates to the page were made, so it'd be pretty weird for the number to suddenly change by accident.

It wouldn't be the first time Mojo fucked up.

Here's a source that contradicts their number:

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Lion-King-The#tab=summary

And another:

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/egdi45flhj/the-lion-king/#508605485fd9

• Like 1

Why do they cut all its cinemas in the US? It was only down 17% on Thursday, but it lost 805 theatres (that's nearly a 60% loss)!!!

Is it because Alice (an other Disney movie) arrived? And is it possible, that it regains cinemas again (Average is at about 300k which is above 273k of last week)?

It makes me sad to see such drops :(

21 minutes ago, Aristis said:

Why do they cut all its cinemas in the US? It was only down 17% on Thursday, but it lost 805 theatres (that's nearly a 60% loss)!!!

Is it because Alice (an other Disney movie) arrived? And is it possible, that it regains cinemas again (Average is at about 300k which is above 273k of last week)?

It makes me sad to see such drops :(

No, it's really not going to get more cinema screens in USA+Canada. It can't beat new releases anymore. The official video release is coming up in about a week anyways. And considering that Zootopia is going to still be in the top 10 with fewer than 600 theaters showing we can be assured of how special it really is. None of this will matter when it crosses $1 Billion.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 2

On 5/23/2016 at 1:46 PM, Fullbuster said:

Yes I'm in France. No, a cinema in a suburb organized a Disney weekend (+Monday) with Zootopia, Frozen, Tangled and Big Hero 6 being shown, I had to seize the opportunity :D Got lucky on this one :P

Subtitled or dubbed?

On 24/5/2016 at 6:38 PM, Purple Minion said:

Up to Monday, as per Mojo:

Domestic:  $334,571,801    34.0%
Foreign:  $649,200,000    66.0%

Worldwide:  $983,771,801  

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $335,874,645    33.9%
Foreign:  $655,600,000    66.1%

Worldwide:  $991,474,645

$8.5m to go!

• Like 3

ZOOTOPIA
Hopping with another $4M this frame, Zootopia has taken its offshore cume to $655.6M. With a foxy global total of $991.8M, another $1B worldwide grosser looks all but assured at this point for Disney. It’s still playing in 21 material territories and has Turkey to potentially give it a leg over when it bows there on June 10. Japan has been driving the box office of late. The drop this frame was just 18% after steady climbs the past several weeks. This was its 4th consecutive frame at No. 1 and the total there is $50M.

Source: Deadline.com

• Like 1