Plain Old Tele

Christmas Eve Awakens: SW 27.5-28.5m (Rth) So this is how Avatar dies, with thunderous applause

I noted in the Wed thread that is 10million over what JW did its opening Thursday in the middle of the summer. TFA already has close to a 100million lead on JW with gross to date at same point in run. JW fell short of Avatar by 110 million. At this point even if it match JW from here on out we would be right on the DOM record. 

2 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

So, I'll take the middle of 28m and hold it like Avatar for the weekend.

Fri: 58m

Sat: 71m

Sun: 61.1m

Weekend: 190.1m

As insane as these weekdays have been, I still doubt it could get that high.

If it got there (which it likely won't), that would basically mean a 0% drop from the OW excluding previews. The fact that we can even dream about that is absurd. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Magic said:

Pffft. Didn't even get the record. Disappointing. No milk and cookies for Rth. Why has my God forsaken me? 

Here is the funny thing, if it continues to mirror Avatar it would get the Thursday record next week.

• Like 7

Ladies and Gentlemen, get everything you can out of your system while watching this TFA run. We may never see anything like it ever again, at least in our life times. Following the point where TFA closes from theaters, we will only be following box office hoping to find a moment that at least comes close to this run. But it may never truly be matched.

Maybe I'm just exaggerating. But seriously, enjoy the run while it's happening.

Edited by superduperm
  • Like 29

12 minutes ago, tokila said:

I think TFA could take the record of most days consecutive days at number 1. Remember Avatar slipped up CMAS day when Sherlock beat it out by 1 mil. I think it will be number 1 each day until Ride Along 2 Friday. 

That record is likely held by Titanic with 100+ days, so I don't think TFA will beat it

• Like 1