Plain Old Tele

Christmas Eve Awakens: SW 27.5-28.5m (Rth) So this is how Avatar dies, with thunderous applause

1 minute ago, tokila said:

not sure. You are using math based on historical examples. I believe no historical example is useful for comparing to TFA. If it does over 150 million and its monday the 28th drop is less than 25% or so than yes. 1 bil is pretty much gone. 

I am waiting on those 2 things before I predict it. 150+ this weekend and monday's drop. 

If it does a stellar week end , it means something unusual and abnormal is happening.

It already is but the week end is gonna give us lots of answers.

We re already in batshit insane land but as I said earlier in other threads, this movie will have a breaking poing but when ?

If the movie does a 150m second week end than yes 1B is in play I guess.

THIS IS WHY I LOVE BOX OFFICE :

one of the kind freaking amazing unpredictable SUPERB OUT OF THIS GALAXY run :) (making  Kessel Run in less then 10 parsecs :P)

and MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone around the world....

Marek

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

$120m weekend. 

I don't think so, but even if, I wouldn't really care.

Insane numbers all around, insane speed of reaching total marks like every $100m and so on.

Addicitve to lurk and see how it is developing...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

How?  Show us how it gets to only 120.  

$40m Christmas, $45m Saturday, $35m Sunday.

Hey, I'm not hating on this film, I like it. And that would still be a pretty epic second weekend.

• Like 1

I'm tired of all of this talk about records(or lack thereof in this case). Comparing this to TF2's 2nd day. Seriously? Here's all that matters as far as Thursday's performance is concerned:

27.5m+

The biggest Christmas Eve that fell on Thursday before this: 11.15m

Record.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Baumer Fett said:

The pace this is one is something we have obviously never seen before.  It has to slow down eventually.  I know Avatar jumped more than 100% on its second Friday but can SW really keep that kind of pace going after its record breaking first week?  I'm not being a pessimist but I'm going to say that it has to slow down ever so slightly this weekend.  Maybe it only jumps 90% today instead of 100%  Even if it jumps 90% today and then 15% tomorrow and then drops 15% Sunday you get 165 mill.  That's a staggering and we are now officially into looney tunes land, none of this is making any sense.  If it really does 150 or more this weekend, a billion is a foregone conclusion.  You can start looking at ANH adjusted.

ANH ajusted is 1.48b...no way.

3 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Hey, I'm not hating on this film, I like it. And that would still be a pretty epic second weekend.

too low you are essential predicting 2st friday only 2 million over 1st Wed(and same as monday).... I find 140 million to be the min. Maybe 135 if things go south. A 135 weekend would basically be a 47 mil Cmas(only a 15% increase over monday), 53 sat, and a 43 mil sunday. I don't see how it is worse than that unless the last people who wanted to see it did on Cmas eve. 

Just now, SteveJaros said:

That's not showing, that's throwing out arbitrary numbers.  I can do that too.  It'll make 300 mill over the weekend, here's how:

Friday:  90

Sat: 110

Sun 100

See how that works?

When I say show us how it only gets to 120, I mean show me a model to which you base it on.  So far it has been following Avatar to a tee, so if you say after 7 days it will not follow Avatar, then what film will it follow?

Let's take the other opener from 2010, Did you Hear About the Morgans?  Id it were to follow that trajectory, it would do this:

Friday 65

Sat:  82.5

Sun:  65

212 mill

You can't use Sherlock Holmes because it opened this weekend.

Let's try alvin and the Chipmunks:

Friday:  49

Sat:  70

Sun: 53

So tell me what model you are using to have it make 120?

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

I'm tired of all of this talk about records(or lack thereof in this case). Comparing this to TF2's 2nd day. Seriously? Here's all that matters as far as Thursday's performance is concerned:

27.5m+

Record.

Despite Christmas Eve being notoriously weaker than Christmas day, its also already broken that record too. Christmas eve TFA broke any Christmas DAY record. I can't image how it'll perform today.

Edited by StarSaber
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

ANH ajusted is 1.48b...no way.

So if it does 850 mill by January 3rd, there's no way it can make another 550 mill?  I don't think it can either, but is it impossible?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

So if it does 850 mill by January 3rd, there's no way it can make another 550 mill?  I don't think it can either, but is it impossible?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Umm.. I know anything over 150m second weekend looks ridiculous (on paper) but it's just as ridiculous to predict the second Fri (which happens to be X-Mas day) to perform less than it's first Mon. It's logically and historically impossible..

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Rth said:

ok so someone thought it was good idea to give even more alcohol

Can you still give us numbers while getting drunk?? Ok maybe some recent update before passing out...:D

9 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

27.5m+

Record.

see page 3, according to BOMs Christmas list I checked and posted the highest years of the Christmas EVE datas, if I did not miss anything

= 11.15m is the highest Christmas Eve in general, no matter the week day or whatever else plays into it.

About the thread title.

I think during the last change a word too many is it or a wrong word

So this is have Avatar dies

Maybe instead of have - how was meant?

• Like 1

Love that a padme quote is in the title.

So this is how prequel hate dies...with thunderous box office collections!

tehehe kidding

anyway I can't believe this type of run is happening! As people said it was one thing for a crazy OW but these potential sustained legs are absolutely incredible!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

Can you still give us numbers while getting drunk?? Ok maybe some recent update before passing out...:D

Thanks....fixed the title.

Bob Iger will be on the phone to Jim Cameron this fine Christmas morning. 

"At an end your rule is, and not soon enough it was"

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Bob Iger will be on the phone to Jim Cameron this fine Christmas morning. 

"At an end your rule is, and not soon enough it was"

*'short' enough hunni not 'soon' but epic quote