Plain Old Tele

Christmas Eve Awakens: SW 27.5-28.5m (Rth) So this is how Avatar dies, with thunderous applause

No doubt Star  Wars is undoubtly the most talked about major blockbuster I can remember in a while.

At work and at family gatherings...

-People talk about the film who seen it.

- Talk about how they want to see it

- Act like Excel and pretend Star  Wars is not popular

- Use Star Wars lines in funny and unfunny ways. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Infernus said:

So, now that we almost have the numbers for all its first 7 days and since we all like ranking things so much, how would you guys rank its first 7 days in their incredibleness keeping in mind the complete context (for example that thursday was christmas eve or that wednesday actually increased from tuesday)? Here's my rankings -

1. Monday 

2. Wednesday

3. Friday

4. Sunday

5. Thursday

6. Saturday and Tuesday tied for me

1. Wednesday

2. Thursday

3. Monday

4. Friday

5. Sunday

6. Tuesday

7. Saturday

17 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

However Canada would be skewed as I think Boxing day  i the is bigger movie watching day. With Monday a Holiday here this should play well over 4-days. 

Dont forget Puerto Rico. We must never forget...

Figures my first post in 3+ years is about Puerto Rico.

Edited by lancer1997
  • Like 3

Expecting a 95% jump as opposed to north of 100 isnt really being negative TELE. I'm already having trouble wrapping my brain around the ridiculous notion that its going to makebetween 140-180 this weekend.....insert scanners gif here.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

1. Friday

2. Sunday

3. Yesterday

4. Wednesday

5. Monday

6. Tuesday

7. Saturday

16 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

1. Wednesday

2. Thursday

3. Monday

4. Friday

5. Sunday

6. Tuesday

7. Saturday

I think Monday needs to be given more due. It was really something unbelievable. That beautiful drop from an already enormous and very-softly-dropped Sunday, infact a drop on par with Avatar, was what really made 1B start to actually look non-un-realistic. Also Friday would easily be at the top (119m in December!!) but the 57m Previews included in it, previews that everybody did already expect to be enormous (although not to this scale) regardless of the month, reduce its 'incredible-ness' in my opinion. Tuesday and Saturday really were nothing compared to the other days though. 

Edited by Infernus

13 minutes ago, lancer1997 said:

Dont forget PueIto Rico. We must never forget...

Figures my first post in 3+ years is about Puerto Rico.

Nah, if Disney didn't Puerto Rico OW to 250 than I don't see anything happening this weekend.

FOX:
Alvin - Road Chip    $2,020,000    -41%    3,653    --         $553      $26,699,441    
Brooklyn                   $186,000    -10%       543    -404     $343      $17,337,695    
Peanuts                    $145,000    -26%      620    -2033    $234    $127,134,937    
Martian                       $94,000    -24%      429     -612     $219    $224,365,733    
Youth                         $33,400    -2%          61        44     $548           $655,515    

Atlas:
A Royal Night Out             $234    -67%         3        -94     $78            $228,136

3 minutes ago, Infernus said:

I think Monday needs to be given more due. It was really something unbelievable. That beautiful drop from an already enormous and very-softly-dropped Sunday, infact a drop on par with Avatar, was what really made 1B start to actually look non-un-realistic. Also Friday would easily be at the top (119m in December!!) but the 57m Previews included in it, previews that everybody did already expect to be enormous (althought not to this scale) regardless of the month, reduce its 'incredible-ness' in my opinion. Tuesday and Saturday were really nothing compared to the other days though. 

Monday was great, but I kinda saw it coming. Wednesday and Thursday were really the days that defied my expectations. The Wednesday increase  was just completely unexpected

7 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

Nah, if Disney didn't Puerto Rico OW to 250 than I don't see anything happening this weekend.

It was more of an inside joke instead of randomly popping over after 3 years to say hi.

;)

Edited by lancer1997
Grammatical challenges
  • Like 6

Newline (WB):
Creed                $815,000    -23%     2,433    -1069     $335     $91,716,653   

WB:

Heart of the Sea    $565,000  -21%    3,103        0       $182     $21,340,171    

Edited by terrestrial
added WB:

4 hours ago, peludo said:

And the perspective that it can beat the Saturday record on its 2nd weekend after the OW record is ridiculous, absurd. It is like if you are leaving home and you forget the keys. "I have beaten Friday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday... what do I forget? oh, Saturday. Ok, I will beat it on 2nd weekend..."

If it follows Avatar it can grab Sunday, then next week break its own Mon-Wednesday records, then take the Thursday record.

:ohmyzod:

• Like 3