druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

2 minutes ago, Rth said:

35 is not a low unless no1 going in eve... Actually not even if that was case 

someone translate this for me. Is he saying 35 mil is already reached? And would only be correct if no went to any evening shows?

1 minute ago, JohnnY said:

pretty unrelated but since im already here, do you guys know if limited releases (less than 10 theaters) usually premiere on NY and LA? That's the case for The Revenant, but is it usually the case for all of them?

In almost all cases, yes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

You're missing the Chimera beginning. Btw. Where's Dougray these days? I saw Rade (the scientist character in MI2) in more Hollywood movies than him.

I didn't missed it, I saw all of it and then it went on a break immediately.

Dougray is played the dude that got his ass kicked in Taken 3 :lol: 

32 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

That's a confusing number. I mean I can buy it slowing down fast after a huge opening but its had crazy good holds all week, why suddenly slow down so fast and on Christmas of all days?? 

I think it lost screens. 5 new openers and a lot less showtimes and 80m in new competition.

2 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

I didn't missed it, I saw all of it and then it went on a break immediately.

Dougray is played the dude that got his ass kicked in Taken 3 :lol: 

Haha, wouldn't know about that as the first Taken alone was too much for me.

I'd never say MI2 is a particularly good movie, but there's something about it that makes me never want to switch the channel when it's on. Which one's your favorite?

Also that's really great for Daddy's Home (even though it looks unbearable), Joy and The Big Short.

J Law is the real deal in terms of drawing power bc I'm a huge fan of hers, and loved SLP and liked American Hustle.  But the marketing for Joy has been VERY confusing for me.  Even my mom said she had no clue what it was going to be about but would watch it for her.  

And isn't TBS only in around 1500 theaters?  That's a fantastic start going into awards season.

8 minutes ago, tokila said:

someone translate this for me. Is he saying 35 mil is already reached? And would only be correct if no went to any evening shows?

That's exactly how I'm understanding it. He's saying $35 million can't be the low even if no one sees it in the evening, meaning it has to already be over that number. At least my fingers are crossed that that's what he means!

• Like 1

Just now, theendsnotnearitshere said:

Haha, wouldn't know about that as the first Taken alone was too much for me.

I'd never say MI2 is a particularly good movie, but there's something about it that makes me never want to switch the channel when it's on. Which one's your favorite?

Probably the last one. The first one is a lot of fun. The 2nd is insane and hilarious :lol: The 3rd one is a good movie but a bit boring and while the 4th has by far the most memorable MI stunt, it loses steam after it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

I am still disappointed with 45-50M tbh. I guess if it goes a bit above the high end that is ok since to me everything above 50M was a victory. 

Did you even read his post, he said that maybe they meant 45-50M not that was his number and WC has just started so my guess, the number goes up over 50M+. Man, you just want the world to burn. :apocalypse:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

SW is just a force (pun intended) to be reckoned with.  As a numbers nerd, feeling so so spoiled between this and the Adele album numbers which both feel like once in a life time type runs.

SW I can understand for the most part, but how many spinsters are there on this planet, really??