druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

1 minute ago, K1Rey said:

I consider spectacular and good two different things. For example, a good cake is a cake with great chocolate frosting and but the cake is a bit dry. A spectacular cake is rich delicious gooey frosting along with a moist center of fudgy goodness that just melts on your tongue. 

And now I want cake.

But frosting is always fucking gross

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

It'll probably drop domestically but OS I think will increase a lot.

But except for maybe China, why would it go up in most markets? It is already performing amazingly in most OS countries, and TPM and ANH were easily the OS kings of their respective trilogies. I hope you're right, but except for China I can't see much room for growth. 

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Some of the reasoning is just so lol comparing the 2. Not even worth responding to the few in here who don't understand the difference between the most popular (already) established franchise & one that had ZERO pre existing fan base.

Zero pre existing fan base? You mean like A New Hope?

Star Wars has outdone Avatar before and after it had a fanbase.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Yes, I see what you are saying but this film is behaving like no other film in the history of films.  Law of averages says it has to slow down eventually.  It just simply can't keep this pace up.  It's like Usain Bolt being predicted to run the 1KM (1000 meters) in 95 seconds because he can run the 100 in 9.5 seconds.  Eventually at around the 400 or 500 meter spot he has to slow down because his pace is so ridiculous.  I believe SW is at the 500 meter part and it has to start slowing down, not by much, but it still has to somewhat.

I think via the weather in some US parts that already happened to a degree. My imperssion via RL is (general):

not all people planing to do something at a certain date and weather.... forbads that, will do so later still

Hollywood Reporter

There's no slowing down Star Wars: The Force Awakens, thanks in part to ardent fans watching the movie multiple times and a growing female audience.

While males continue to show up in force, increased interest among women and girls is another key reason why Force Awakens ...

Force Awakens skewed heavily male, or 67 percent, when opening domestically over the Dec. 18-20 weekend, according to industry leader Rentrak, which conducts real-time exit polls via PostTrak. The gender breakdown changed by Christmas weekend, with males making up 62 percent of the audience and females, 38 percent.

63 percent of ticket buyers were Caucasian, followed by Hispanics (12 percent) and African-Americans (10 percent). Over Christmas weekend, those numbers changed to 57 percent, 15 percent and 11 percent, respectively.

Force Awakens is expected to pass Avatar by the end of New Year's weekend in North America, and even has a shot of ultimately hitting $1 billion domestically

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-box-office-people-851169

Last I read was 54% male

Haskell Wexler, 1922-2015

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, filmlover said:

So much this. I started following box office not long before Titanic came out and it reall was something to behold.

E.T, Raiders, Star Wars were in an "entirely different era of box office." Titanic was not. Titanic's run was so amazing because then as now there are dvd/vhs/home video alternatives to the movie theater. Yes, there are more options now and it is harder for studios to make a boxoffice buck nowadays but it wasn't entirely different than it is today. Titanic is a modern blockbuster that performed like the Gone with the Wind's of the past. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, spizzer said:

BJ and Kal did.  So almost no one.  

Well played man haha. Even Kal didn't predict the level it would get to though & that's my point about how saying Avatar's BO run is less impressive than TFA is so comical. Surprising/impressive don't really care about your semantics, just LOL.

25 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Call me crazy, but I don't think 1 billion is locked yet.

its not. I think we need another week of out of this world numbers to set us on course for 1 bil. If this week sees a sizeable decline from last week I think it will be low 900s.

• Like 1