druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

Just now, somebody85 said:

Ah I see it now, I didn't get that.

Rth's posts are either about box office numbers or sex, sometimes both, never anything else. It's the key to his power

• Like 11

"I can't wait to push awakens into 4th place ww pandorians.  Still got to give the force props. Breaking the ow in Dec was crazy.  What is going to happen in 2017 will be more epic. Avatar 2 opening to 160 to 200plus million but getting a 6 to 7x multiplier.  And so it is.  Remember where you were when I stated avtr will double force awakens or come very close to doubling it.  That is crazy.  We will make over 600m in China alone.  Save this for me kayom.  Lol at fans have forgotten avatar. All the sws,the Titanic and avtr fans are going to support avatar as well.  So we should make headlines on a global scale from the getgo.  Anyone think avtr2 can break the Dec ow record.  Looks tuff but James fans are incredible"

lol....yeah someone else can take that.

• Like 1

HAHA, honestly nobody really cares about Avatar at this point. We all care about good, entertaining, fun movies. I will of course see Avatar 2, and so will MANY other people, but let's not make it into must-see cinema. It's going to need great marketing and a must-see factor to make that happen. I think Avatar 2 will be highly successful but I actually think $500M domestic may be the ceiling for that film. That would still be a fantastic sequel gross, frankly. Nobody would be disappointed, especially if 2, 3, and 4 all can make between $400M and $500M. That'd be a massive hit franchise. I just don't see another $750M for.. a sci-fi sequel to a single hit movie that came out 8 years before Avatar 2 will hit theaters. There's no pent-up demand. It's just another sequel. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

Jurassic World's first Monday is 25m.  Assuming Sunday is 50m, I don't think Monday is dropping 50% to 25m.

I hope your numbers are right but I think this Monday will be when we start to see the law of large numbers start taking effect. Eventually you run out of eyes to keep trends going and the drops will be harsher than a movie half it's size. 

Just now, VenomXXR said:

I hope your numbers are right but I think this Monday will be when we start to see the law of large numbers start taking effect. Eventually you run out of eyes to keep trends going and the drops will be harsher than a movie half it's size. 

Mine are admittedly a little optimistic, but I don't think Monday is gonna be 25m.  28m at the lowest.

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I get what you're saying -- and I agree to an extent -- but I don't think that means massive falls. A lot of movies increase from their previous week during the week between X-Mas and New Years. TFA won't do that, I'm pretty dang sure, haha. But it won't tumble 40% either. I think the worst conceivable declines are about 30% from last week's weekdays, so $100M for the Mon-Thurs portion of the week. Just a guess, but that's where I see the floor. I can imagine falls more like 15-20% though, which would be incredible at this level. You are right, though, if it were a smaller movie it could be flat rather than fall.

15 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

"I can't wait to push awakens into 4th place ww pandorians.  Still got to give the force props. Breaking the ow in Dec was crazy.  What is going to happen in 2017 will be more epic. Avatar 2 opening to 160 to 200plus million but getting a 6 to 7x multiplier.  And so it is.  Remember where you were when I stated avtr will double force awakens or come very close to doubling it.  That is crazy.  We will make over 600m in China alone.  Save this for me kayom.  Lol at fans have forgotten avatar. All the sws,the Titanic and avtr fans are going to support avatar as well.  So we should make headlines on a global scale from the getgo.  Anyone think avtr2 can break the Dec ow record.  Looks tuff but James fans are incredible"

lol....yeah someone else can take that.

Throw in a few buddies and you've got yourself a pretty good impression.

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

I hope Gitesh is right here, because I will LOSE MY SHIT if the 9-day cume ends up being $499.5M

We live in a world where Paramount will fudge Trans4mers to a whatever 100M weekend but Disney won't fudge Star Wars to 500M :stretcher:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I get what you're saying -- and I agree to an extent -- but I don't think that means massive falls. A lot of movies increase from their previous week during the week between X-Mas and New Years. TFA won't do that, I'm pretty dang sure, haha. But it won't tumble 40% either. I think the worst conceivable declines are about 30% from last week's weekdays, so $100M for the Mon-Thurs portion of the week. Just a guess, but that's where I see the floor. I can imagine falls more like 15-20% though, which would be incredible at this level. You are right, though, if it were a smaller movie it could be flat rather than fall.

I hope you're right good sir, I just don't want to get my hopes up and then it comes in lower and feel let down. Besides, at those numbers I mentioned it would still make over $200 million in 7 days lolol

• Like 1