druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

1 minute ago, CJ Ren said:

I am pretty sure I said in June this would do 1.1B DOM and 300M OW. Does that count? 

It seriously won't surprise me if it drops to a 40M weekend on January 8 (if it does 100M 2nd weekend, if it does more I will adjust my prediction). It will have a super hold on MLK weekend and die after that. 

That does.

• Like 1

Really a fantastic Christmas weekend in general.  

PB is the only real bomb and we all knew it wasn't going to recover off of a 100 million budget.  Concussion and The Big Short will both be in the 10-12 range (really impressive for TBS with its theater count), Hateful Eight is having a phenomenal limited release, Joy is going to hit 20 million and finally put to bed the argument of whether or not J Law has drawing power, Daddy's Home is INSANE, I know America loves these type of comedies but dayyyuuum, and TFA, well.  It's just beautiful.

Also, great to see Sisters increasing from last weekend, I think me and my mom are gonna check it out tonight.  Love Fey/Poehler and especially Paula Pell.

Edited by RyneOh1040

14 minutes ago, Master Scottb said:

He's probably thinking he got ripped off. That $4 billion he got for Star Wars (and Indy) doesn't seem that great anymore. 

He got §4b plus ~ 40m shares. He earns via those still. Not only via the yearly payings but also via the risen (beside the samll in comparison fall) worth of said shares

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Even if falls off the face of the earth after Jan 3rd, non stop 50% drops, it makes another 200 million. 

Do some math. 

I never said it wouldn't do another 200M :lol: 

• Like 1

So im in small town ontario (st thomas). Star Wars is playing in 2d and 3d. 3d is about half full for half hour from now. 2d is about 60% full for the noon showing. Going to be a big day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

He got §4b plus ~ 40m shares. He earns via those still. Not only via the yearly payings but also via the risen (beside the samll in comparison fall) worth of said shares

That's incorrect actually, he got $2b in cash & $2b in stock. Btw why do people assume that just because he owns shares that Disney didn't lowball him? It's clear he wanted to make a deal w/ them but it's also clear if he wanted to start a bidding war, he would've been paid a lot more ($5b-$10b?).

11 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Jurassic World made $55m in its third weekend and grossed another $152m after that. Seems like SW7 could do another $250-275m for sure and maybe more after a $105-110m third weekend. 

How high can this thing go???

where are the guys with the excel spreadsheets and pie charts? I need visuals!

• Like 1

Not unlike Avatar and Jurassic World, just glad theaters are pulling in some good money. Hopefully the trend continues into the spring with BatSupes and then Civil War.

Interesting question and possible club... Force Awakens over BatSupes/Civil War combined.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

So where do we figure this will make WW? In between Titanic and Avatar?

I am seeing 940 domestic

1.25 billion overseas.

2.19 billion 

Lol 940 domestic seems absurd to say. 

Even if you start adjusting for inflation it will sell as many tickets as JP, TPM, ROTJ or more. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

13 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

No comment on BO.com's $161m est. for the weekend post? Only $2m ubder their weekend prediction from 23 December.

= not bad

Hollywoor Reporter

Force Awakens rocketed to $49.3 million from 4,134 theaters on Friday, blasting past the $24.6 million opening of Sherlock Holmes on Dec. 25, 2009 to secure the biggest Christmas Day gross of all time. It also raced past the $400 million mark domestically to finish the holiday with $440.4 million domestically.

For the weekend, conservative estimates show Force Awakens earning $150 million-plus, the biggest second weekend in history (Jurassic World is the current record-holder with $106 million). Overall, Christmas Day revenue at the North American box office crossed $100 million for the first time ever; record levels are also expected for the holiday weekend, or north of $300 million.

I predicted about $162.5m

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Somehow i doubt Lucas feels ripped off. He knows what it generates. He has more money than he will need in 50 lifetimes. 

That's not the argument, people need to stop making it. Plenty of athletes/actors/executives have more money than can use. Doesn't mean some aren't underpaid, most overpaid etc.

Edited by GiantCALBears
  • Like 1

weekend est.:

Universal:
Sisters              $15,100,000        8%    2,962    0         $5,098     $38,368,280    
Krampus             $2,300,000    -44%    1,152    -1219    $1,997    $40,602,370