druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

People are bored with a 150 m second weekend.

What has TFA's run done to us? :lol:

So true, it's just another 50M+ day, lol. It has averaged 55M per day for 9 straight days. Truly historic run, that many aren't appreciating. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

We're lashing out because TDK is about to be passed domestically and worldwide in the next two days. :apocalypse:

We still have TDKR Pink. Don't lose hope! :sarah: 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

next 3 shows sold out for which movie?  any other sell outs?

Star Wars. Didn't see any other sellouts

41 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Or probably because a few moments before it started they all realized how much they wished they were seeing TFA instead of JLaw's Miracle Mop Adventure and had a major #FML moment. 

Nah, there legit wasn't a Star Wars showing available for 90 min so I think they all chose Joy as a backup

• Like 1

Bottom line I can tell what I'm going to like based on the reactions other people and critics have. If the words "human interest drama" are ever used to describe it, I WILL HATE IT. It's always something incredibly boring and plotless that relies on supposedly "great characters," which is a nice way to say that I should value the acting over the actual plot or anything happening. Carol, for me, would be a D- kind of film. I didn't hate it, I guess, but I strongly disliked it. It was something I'll forget (I hope) by next week. Same is true with the Gosford Park / In the Bedroom / Boyhood type of movies. I can't do it. Usually the most critically acclaimed movies for me are either ones I love or I hate, there is almost no in-between whatsoever. Like last year, Whiplash for instance was a masterpiece and I loved it. I also loved Birdman, though I only liked it the first time, then saw it again and loved it. I think there's quite a bit there, actually. Great movie. 

I don't have any sort of pretentious taste in film so I have no problem whatsoever calling Transformers better than 75% of the movies the critics throw praise at. Sorry but just being about an "issue" or being "different" doesn't a good movie make. Give me a fun blockbuster any day over most of the crap they praise. It would be different if their idea of great filmmaking could always be like Good Will Hunting or LA Confidential, but when they're praising total crap like Les Miserables that made me seriously consider suicide, I don't take critics seriously. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

RTH might give us an update before midnight EST.

You know what's going to happen, he's accidentally going to post like 67-69 or 47-49 by accident, and because the edit button isn't working atm it's going to cause chaos lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blan Solo said:

Oh, and thank goodness for Daddy's Home. We were gonna miss the record for 40M OWs in a year, but it surprised out of nowhere, so 2015 just narrowly beat it!

Wait really? We beat that record? Cool.

Just now, DAR said:

Just read in the Avatar 2 thread kal still doesn't believe TFA catches Avatar.  :redcapes:

He already says it will do over 800M DOM so he admits it. But he is now saying SW7 won't beat JW WW :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FTF said:

You know what's going to happen, he's accidentally going to post like 67-69 or 47-49 by accident, and because the edit button isn't working atm it's going to cause chaos 

lol, we need that to wake the forums up. :ph34r:

Gold Derby's list is wack. BOS isn't gaining any traction outside of Rylance. I don't think Revenant is a sure thing either. 

If I had to guess now - 

Carol

Spotlight

The Martian

Mad Max

The Big Short

Room

Brooklyn

Revenant (fringe)

TFA (fringe)

Straight Outta Compton (SAG nom + major calls for diversity lead me to think this one could make it in) 

• Like 1