Ezen Baklattan

BOFFY IV: The 4th Annual Box Office Theory Awards! (CEREMONY TOMORROW AT 2PM EST)

28 minutes ago, Blan Solo said:

Seriously though, FYC on acting - everyone go watch The Gift and nominate Jason Bateman

I liked his performance, but that would mean not nominating one of my other choices, and I haven't even seen Leo or Fassbender yet.

He'd for sure be behind these 7 for me right now

1.       Steve Carrel – The Big Short

2.       Michael B. Jordan – Creed

3.       Matt Damon – The Martian

4.       Samuel L. Jackson – The Hateful Eight

5.       Abraham Attah – Beasts of No Nation

6.       Domhnall Gleeson – Ex Machina

7.       Tom Hanks – Bridge of Spies

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blan Solo said:

Seriously though, FYC on acting - everyone go watch The Gift and nominate Jason Bateman

Lead Actor is insanely stacked though, and I haven't even seen some of the obvious contenders yet. Bateman is very good though, may make a Top 10 Lead Actor for me when all is said and done.

Edited by 4815162342

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

My Best Actors so far are Bateman, Jason Segel, Rory Culkin (Gabriel), Stephen Plunkett (The Mend) and Joshua Burge (Buzzard). Pretty sure none of them will make the cut in the end.

Bateman right now is #5 or #6 for me. So he's on the bubble.

Edited by 4815162342

13 hours ago, The Panda Menace said:

I liked his performance, but that would mean not nominating one of my other choices, and I haven't even seen Leo or Fassbender yet.

He'd for sure be behind these 7 for me right now

1.       Steve Carrel – The Big Short

2.       Michael B. Jordan – Creed

3.       Matt Damon – The Martian

4.       Samuel L. Jackson – The Hateful Eight

5.       Abraham Attah – Beasts of No Nation

6.       Domhnall Gleeson – Ex Machina

7.       Tom Hanks – Bridge of Spies

I disagree with a lot of these lol. The only one I thought was better was Jordan (although tbf I haven't seen Carell).

6 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

FYC

Best Actor: Ian McKellen (Mr. Holmes)

mr-holmes-ian-mckellen.jpg?w=970

McKellen is my #6. He's great in Mr. Holmes, but the movie surrounding him? eh...

5 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

My Best Actors so far are Bateman, Jason Segel, Rory Culkin (Gabriel), Stephen Plunkett (The Mend) and Joshua Burge (Buzzard). Pretty sure none of them will make the cut in the end.

I need to see those other four lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Supporting actor is incredibly stacked, there's at least 7 that I think really deserve a nomination and I haven't seen Hardy in Revenant yet.

Also, FYC Benicio Del Torro (Sicario)

For sure, looking at my top 5 currently, and I don't even have Isaac or Hoult in it (two great unconventional Supporting Actor performances IMO)

this is where my head's at rn with still movies to see. Actor: Abraham Attah, Andrew Garfield, Tom Hanks, Jacob Tremblay, Michael Fassbender (macbeth not steve jobs).. Supporting. tom noonan, del toro, idris elba, adam driver, kevin bacon. mayb just the movies I'm seeing but it's waaaaay harder to decide the actress categories. a crazy amount of good performances.

Edited by CoolioD1

I've narrowed down my lead actress picks to: Cate Blanchett, Rooney Mara, Elizabeth Moss, Amy Schumer, Bel Powley, Dakota Johnson, Nina Hoss, Amy Poehler, Laia Costa, Teyonah Parris, Sidse Babett Knudsen, Chiara D'Anna, Emily Blunt, Mya Taylor, Marion Cotillard, Brie Larson, Charlotte Rampling. So you know, it's getting there. I can't even get into supporting.

• Like 3