baumer

Top 10 grossing films per country (Excluding US/Canada)

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It didn't in Pakistan as well.

I remember  Hollywood movie  never break a box office record in India or Pakistan, even avatar, Jurassic park, avengers series, except for fast and furious 7, which broke a box office record in Pakistan,but only a few months later Pakistan local film pass it

8 minutes ago, Steven said:

The Fox said Titanic beat each every country box offoce record at 1998,include turkey

In India Titanic beat hollywood record

What Fox said does not interest me when I know its wrong, they used sloppy wordings to imply... as so many do. Numbers are numbers, text is open to interpretation.... They are nit even forbidden to state wrong numbers, as long as the do not do that to their shareholders / stock market related.

Even your posts already shows it did not beat it in every country, even if it would be only for one country a wrong statement.

Yes, Titanic had an extreme success, but it did not beat the all time record in every country, yadda yadda. So where is the problem is: it beat in nearly all countries their all-time record?

To me the whole theme is very boring since a long time, bordering to annoying, as it is nearly 22y now people hanging them-self to the avoidance of one word.

Its not like it takes away from its then highest worldwide and whatever records.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

What Fox said does not interest me when I know its wrong, they used sloppy wordings to imply... as so many do. Numbers are numbers, text is open to interpretation.... They are nit even forbidden to state wrong numbers, as long as the do not do that to their shareholders / stock market related.

Even your posts already shows it did not beat it in every country, even if it would be only for one country a wrong statement.

Yes, Titanic had an extreme success, but it did not beat the all time record in every country, yadda yadda. So where is the problem is: it beat in nearly all countries their all-time record?

To me the whole theme is very boring since a long time, bordering to annoying, as it is nearly 22y now people hanging them-self to the avoidance of one word.

Its not like it takes away from its then highest worldwide and whatever records.

Yeah,you are right,It beat nearly all country reocrd,and I agree with you .

On 4/22/2019 at 5:53 PM, terrestrial said:

Okkkaaayyy now he did the same for Titanic and what happened later. Means Avatar is also included, but it goes more into the past now, its for now for 27 countries

Forgot the 'Einwohner' line, directly under the county's flag: means inhabitants/population figure in the country the number is listed in

Example first named country = Germany the population figure is 83,1 Mio. Einwohner = 83.1m people living in Germany

http://www.insidekino.com/BO/Titanic.htm

FWIW, I think the chart is wrong for Australia, because it doesn’t take into account 3D prices, there’s a good chance Titanic is ahead of Avatar. That would go for all 3D titles though tbh. 

Edited by lab276

2 hours ago, lab276 said:

FWIW, I think the chart is wrong for Australia, because it doesn’t take into account 3D prices, there’s a good chance Titanic is ahead of Avatar. That would go for all 3D titles though tbh. 

AUS has official / governmental lists per year, as I guess you are aware of as you are from Sidney?

I am not at home and wont be there for a few more days, so I do not have access to my lists and links, but I think those include admissions as well, maybe ask DeeCee? I think he has those links at hand.

7 hours ago, terrestrial said:

AUS has official / governmental lists per year, as I guess you are aware of as you are from Sidney?

I am not at home and wont be there for a few more days, so I do not have access to my lists and links, but I think those include admissions as well, maybe ask DeeCee? I think he has those links at hand.

Nah, just dollars, but they do give overall year admissions, just not for individual films. 

https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/fact-finders/cinema/industry-trends

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

Anyone know where can I find the box office for Southeast Asian countries? 11 countries in total. Thanks

You have some of them on box office mojo:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/indonesia/

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/malaysia/yearly/

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/philippines/yearly/

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/singapore/yearly/

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/thailand/yearly/

Spain top 10 unadjusted (updated by Sep 8th):

kkbr758.jpg

I think that TLK will land somewhere between €35.5 and €36m. The chance to outgross Ocho apellidos catalanes exists, but it seems a bit hard. Anyway, the most impressive data is that it will nearly match the number of admissions of the animated version (6.3 million admissions).

• Like 5

8 hours ago, peludo said:

Spain top 10 unadjusted (updated by Sep 8th):

kkbr758.jpg

I think that TLK will land somewhere between €35.5 and €36m. The chance to outgross Ocho apellidos catalanes exists, but it seems a bit hard. Anyway, the most impressive data is that it will nearly match the number of admissions of the animated version (6.3 million admissions).

Hey Peludo, which is your source for the data?

Cause i have different numbers for this all time list.

Greets!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, setna said:

Hey Peludo, which is your source for the data?

Cause i have different numbers for this all time list.

Greets!

I have been collecting it. I know Ministry of Culture gives other data but following it week after week I think they are not updated. Which data do not fit with yours?

TOP GROSSING FILM OF ALL TIME IN SOUTH AFRICA

1.The Lion King 2019  R 110m 

2.Black Panther R 107m

3.Avengers Endgame 105m

4.Furious 7  89m

5.Avengers infinity war 73m

by admission

1.The Lion King 2019 1.3m

2.Titanic 1.2m

3.Black Panther 1.2m

4.Avengers Endgame 1m

Edited by Steven
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2019 at 8:54 AM, peludo said:

I have been collecting it. I know Ministry of Culture gives other data but following it week after week I think they are not updated. Which data do not fit with yours?

Sorry for so long in answering. i have less tickets solds for Avatar  (9.249.850)  and TFA ( 4.961.604) my source is Taquillaespaña.com

greets!