CJohn

Wednesday The Force Awakens Estimates - 28M (Rth) | 27.2 - 27.9 (DHD)

2 minutes ago, shruth said:

I just want $22m+ for Thursday so it gets to $650m through 2 weeks

I don't believe in it, but I'd like to see them getting one milestone instead of so often just missing it (see 'clean looking numbers')

At 31 December's end of day $652,270,626 (but if not, I'll not be disappointed neither, its only the fun of playing with numbers)

4 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

All ye who are still stuck in 2015. 2016 is near and for some has *hiccup* arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too much alc or why / what means hiccup? No headaches for tomorrow... Enjoy it and the rest of your night / very early morning ;)

39 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I mean, James Newton Howard is one of the most prolific composers in film...ever. If there's an 'A-List' for composers nowadays rest assured he's near the top.

He's A list, but no, he's not in the 'most prolific ever' category. Come on.

James Horner, Williams, Morricone, Desplat, Shore, hell even Elfman. Just...come on.

6 minutes ago, Luiz Nando said:

UPDATED 7:30AM PT Thursday: Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight corralled $3.5M Wednesday from 1985 cinemas, bringing its total since opening Christmas Day to $10.187M, The Weinstein Company reported this morning.

http://deadline.com/2015/12/the-hateful-eight-star-wars-the-force-awakens-daddys-home-box-office-1201674208/

see some pages back

only in case you are interested (friendly meant)

Deadline in especial is an intensive repeat tweeter (screen international too btw but not as bad), likes to change very little things in their articles, so they re-appear high on the search machines sorted by date.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

:mellow:

James Newton Howard is considered to be a legendary composer.

While I love his work on everything from his contributions to The Dark Knight to Waterworld(brightest part of that film) and The Fugitive, I wouldn't call him "legendary" like a Williams or Hermann. Maybe in time he may be looked back upon in that way, but that time has not yet come. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

While I love his work on everything from his contributions to The Dark Knight to Waterworld(brightest part of that film) and The Fugitive, I wouldn't call him "legendary" like a Williams or Hermann. Maybe in time he may be looked back upon in that way, but that time has not yet come. 

Yes, but that doesn't mean he's a bad composer. I'll admit though, that he is kinda the go to guy for fantasy scores a lot of the times, though he tends to be the best part of those films.

4 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Beside that:

‘Star Wars’ Overtakes ‘Titanic’ In UK; Sets New IMAX Record

After 13 days of release in the UK, Star Wars The Force Awakens has grossed £83.5M ($123.8M). This is the biggest offshore territory for the film thus far where it has now capsized Titanic as the 4th highest-grossing movie in local industry history. It is also the fastest film to ever make it to £80M, beating the previous record held by Skyfall which took 23 days to get there. JJ Abrams’ continuation of the epic saga has now become Disney's biggest title ever in the territory.

With $161.2M, Skyfall is the UK’s No. 1 movie ever, followed by Avatar ($150M) and this year’s Spectre ($138.3M). Star Wars should handily jump past the latest James Bond within the next few days.

In further milestones, SWTFA has taken over £8.2M ($12.16M) in IMAX, besting Spectre‘s previous UK record. The BFI London is now the biggest grossing IMAX cinema in the world for The Force.

....Factoring in estimated Wednesday domestic grosses of roughly $27.5M-$27.9M, the North American cume will advance Episode VII to No. 4 on the domestic all-time chart. It’s expected that international and domestic will each get to $700M this weekend.

18 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

as you seem to have missed that, here a few more details. Have fun with your chart, I'm on the lookout for more data ;)

3 minutes ago, bladels said:

$28m means TFA's second Wed is nearly 3 times bigger than JW's and 4.4 times bigger than TA's.

And somehow some people finds it disappointed.

Who finds any scenario disappointing from a box office perspective from this movie?

This movie is THE BEST "What went right" box office movie ever. No other movie is not even remotely closed.

It will not be surprising if Thursday drop is very small because some people are off on new years eve + new years holiday is tommorow so more people might show up tonight due to holiday tommorow plus some people take a holiday to make it an extra long weekend. Expect a 5-6% drop again for 26 Million Thursday. Bookmark this

Theaters shutting down are a lot less than Christmas i believe especially in the late night

Edited by hasanahmad

3 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

It will not be surprising if Thursday drop is very small because some people are off on new years eve + new years holiday is tommorow so more people might show up tonight due to holiday tommorow plus some people take a holiday to make it an extra long weekend. Expect a 5-6% drop again for 26 Million Thursday. Bookmark this

Theaters shutting down are a lot less than Christmas i believe especially in the late night

LOOOL uh no way. Going to have a huge drop today, college football playoff is tonight as well.

• Like 3