baumer

RTH Thursday SW around 23 (celebration!!)

So the new WW total should be about 1.346 billion.  

Is it going to add more than 200 million more to the total by Monday morning?

• Like 1

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

57 mill on NYE WW.  That's an 11% drop from Wednesday.  :o

Some of that regions had no late shows.

But a lot of those have closed down today complete, or more or less nearly complete, or late(r) openings again

I haven't stoped shaking my head since the 1st numbers got released

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

@RogueLeader 

@Rth doesn't estimate per say.  He has data, live data.  So yes he estimates in a way, but it's more of an extrapolation that a prediction.  No one knows who he works for but we appreciate everything he does for us here.  He's like our crack dealer.

So this forum is like.. the black market for box office numbers.:lol:

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I apologize! No offense was intended. Thanks for being understanding, anyway. I was just trying to explain why I'm so die-hard. At least you seem very non-judgmental :)

Think most of us understand these things here. We all are in someway very fanatic about movie, thats why we are here :)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

@RogueLeader 

@Rth doesn't estimate per say.  He has data, live data.  So yes he estimates in a way, but it's more of an extrapolation that a prediction.  No one knows who he works for but we appreciate everything he does for us here.  He's like our crack dealer.

Exactly. He's also been doing it for quite some time so he knows which are the best comparisons to extrapolate estimated dailies. 

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

SWNY.jpg

Is it your birthday? If so happy birthday and happy newyear :) Wish you all the luck in the world, and it's a delight to have you on these forums!

EDIT: I see it's Baumers B-Day, as for you baumer I wish you just the same as fullbuster ! 

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Holy shit, it just doesn't stop! $23m on new years eve is absolutely ludicrous.

Avatar made 14.7m on this new eve, then increased 71% to Friday. Star Wars has been out pacing it so lets say 75%, then if we take this number with the original 23m we hit very close to $40m, by the end of the weekend star wars will hit just under 800m. After the 3rd week Avatar had made only 40% of it's total gross, it's safe to say Star Wars is following this trend which means it will hit 1.8B DOM by the end of this run, now if we do the same for Star Wars over seas run and mutliply in the BB8 factor we can evalutate that it will make something close to 23 trillion dollars.

Maybe 1 or 2 people would have fallen for your sarcasm if not for you Avatar profile pic.

Avatar. Few care about it anymore. Star Wars. 38 years and counting. Come talk to me in 2047 when Avatar: The Navii Awaken crushes all domestic box office records. I supposed at that point Avatar will be simply "Gone With the Wind".  

7 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Is it your birthday? If so happy birthday and happy newyear :) Wish you all the luck in the world, and it's a delight to have you on these forums!

EDIT: I see it's Baumers B-Day, as for you baumer I wish you just the same as fullbuster ! 

Nope, not my birthday but thanks anyway :D And Happy Birthday to Baumer of course :D

3 minutes ago, tokila said:

Maybe 1 or 2 people would have fallen for your sarcasm if not for you Avatar profile pic.

Avatar. Few care about it anymore. Star Wars. 38 years and counting. Come talk to me in 2047 when Avatar: The Navii Awaken crushes all domestic box office records. I supposed at that point Avatar will be simply "Gone With the Wind".  

Huh? I am pretty sure Avatar is the greatest culture phenomenon of all time. :P LOL

42 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

@RogueLeader 

Crack dealer ? Omg that cracked me up ?? 

• Like 3