#ED

Weekend Actuals: The Force Awakens - 90.2M !!!

47 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

You know why I trash films on this forum? Because "I'm just an ordinary poster with nothing to lose."

Ooooh Dont be weird VC.

Baumer....ill be whatever u want me to be.

3 minutes ago, Joel M said:

That's really the main "problem". The Disney model ...

What you call IMHO wrongly Disney model (as they were the ones to start with that) is IMHO not the reason for what I wrote, where I see the main problems. Can't stand such kind of IMHO too simplyfying labels anyway.

Each of the bombs had major problems either story wise, false adverising, .... too childish / 2-dimensional.... bad this and that.

No re-watch want after watching a movie in times movies need usually repeat watching, too many bios in too short a time (about the same people or not),..

I feel like a lot of people in the studios pat blind around sometimes for desciding for a new project, even worse whom to combine with whom behind the scene, and screenwriters who didn't either get enough time to wirite, not enough input waht not to write for which reasons, to adjust, .... who picks them? Who descides who will get hired = see my right people in the positions.

I say a $1m project can be great to tell a story even worth watching in the cinema, if you have the right story and people.

But when I read what e.g. the Weinstein's tried to do with Snowpiercer (still haven't seen it), and how they treated it after they didn't get to recut it.... IMHO wrong people in the wrong positions, no matter how much experience they had.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tilko said:

What is going on with this forum ? For days I have problems with loading pages, except the last one ! :angry:

Same here!!!!' Its so fucking irritating to have to refresh every page before reading...

is it only a Ipad thing?

LOL The Hateful Eight is not a flop, people. Budget was $44M, which it will easily make back when all is said and done.

If anything, it just goes to show how strong QT's brand is and how having a powerhouse star (ala Pitt/DiCaprio) really helped those films. Plus, this was always going to be more niche in appeal than either of those films anyway. Without QT, this probably would've struggled to make $20M in total.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Punishment said:

$1.02b with ROTK legs

$965m with TTT legs

and

$1.09b with FOTR legs

did you use drop percentages or the movie xy + ?? % method?

3 minutes ago, tilko said:

What is going on with this forum ? For days I have problems with loading pages, except the last one ! :angry:

refresh is king, mods say to open support ticket, what didn't work for me, I PMed

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Leo film will make a lot more money but will be ahuge loss money wise. 

Budget problems screwed this over. With the original 60 mill it would have been fine

THE REVENANT took in an estimated $450,000 from 4 locations this weekend and has grossed $1.32M to date domestically.

ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: THE ROAD CHIP took in an estimated $11.80M this weekend and has grossed $67.38M to date domestically.