#ED

Weekend Actuals: The Force Awakens - 90.2M !!!

15 minutes ago, Punishment said:

I started with TFA Sunday gross then used the daily increases/decreases for each movie.

I'm going with around a $970m total (and $1b if Disney gives it a late Oscar push), where do you think it will end up?

Today's drop will be important because it will tell us how strong the weekdays will be..... if it can drop below 65%, i.e. 7.5M+, it would have a good shot at 1B.

10 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

Wow. I'm not sure what I'm more impressed by, that TFA beat the old record by 11 days, or that the record stood for over 11 years.

Spiderman only had 3 days. I've found TDK had 5. Wednesday / Thursday is tricky business. Remember Avengers and JW (barely) were during school weeks.

4 minutes ago, spazz91 said:

Spiderman only had 3 days. I've found TDK had 5. Wednesday / Thursday is tricky business. Remember Avengers and JW (barely) were during school weeks.

This is Spider-Man 2, which opened on a Wednesday and had the benefit of a holiday Monday. 

Spiderman only had 3 days.  Look at my list on page 81 to see all the movies with at least 5 (not just TDK).

2 minutes ago, Biph Shmata said:

I'm fine with Bay sticking with Transformers and TMNT, I'd be far more worried if he got involved with a property that I cared about.

Oh I don't know: Leia in super high heels, triple circle shots around Han and Luke, Star Destroyers exploding left and right... ah... well... maybe not.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I was only asking as a few of the new ones (and nearly 3 years back me too) didn't realise for some time that this board has different areas...

In around 15 years of Internet he (?) is the first one who really annoyed me. Not even some of the IMDb trolls managed that (even if a few there seem to be a liiitle bit over the top too)

Hence my own (successful) search for the ignore button (hi 75...)

= back to the fun and - to me personally - enjoyment of pur BO datas! :wub:

Famous :>

7 minutes ago, Biph Shmata said:

I'm fine with Bay sticking with Transformers and TMNT, I'd be far more worried if he got involved with a property that I cared about.

Michael Bay Directing Star Wars Spinoff in 2020. Tentatively titled "The Force Unleashed".

It promises high intense Jedi vrs Robot action, Jedi have become so powerful they can use the force to fly and teleport. The Darkside Joins the Light to battle an invasion of extra-galactic Robot warriors. the great great great granddaughter of Rey will lead the light, and Kylo Ren's great great great grandson will lead the dark. The movie will have a massive asteriod destroying a planet, and robots leg humping. The Rock will star as a Darkside uses and Rohnda Rousey as the light. We will no longer have a classical soundtrack, but instead it will be Europunk.  Its gonna be great.

Edited by tokila
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, e1828 said:

This is Spider-Man 2, which opened on a Wednesday and had the benefit of a holiday Monday. 

Spiderman only had 3 days.  Look at my list on page 81 to see all the movies with at least 5 (not just TDK).

For some reason I read all of the # - #'s as ranges instead of installment # -> # days. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, spazz91 said:

I just can't believe with some of the supposed tentpole films(Hobbit, I'm looking at you) that were released at the same point TFA was didn't break a record SM2 broke during the July 4th Holiday. That also goes for the TF films that were released at the same time of year as SM2(One even with the same calendar configuration- Adjusted for inflation Dark of the Moon doesn't even go over 20m for 6 days and it had 3D). Hollywood had plenty of opportunities, inflation and 3D upcharges to squeeze over 20m out of a film for 7+ consecutive days and other than SM2, none of them could get past five until TFA.

Adjust SM2 to 2016 those 6 days are over 30m. And we're talking about 20m per day here, not 30m.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blan Solo said:

So does it pass Avatar tomorrow or Weds? If it's Weds, then I might rush out to contribute on that day (definitely can't go tomorrow)

Probably not till Weds, unless it holds better on Monday then is expected. 

48 minutes ago, e1828 said:

I have posted charts for Fastest to $550 million and $600 million (before The-Numbers had updated for TFA)

For consecutive days $20+ million (not sure if complete for 4 days):

1)  Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 17

2)  Spiderman 2 - 6

T3) Despicable Me 2 - 5

T3) Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - 5

T3) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 5

T3) Jurassic World - 5

T3) The Dark Knight - 5

T3) Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 5

T3) Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 5

T10) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - 4

T10) Shrek 2 - 4 

T10) Star Wars Ep. II: Attack of the Clones - 4

T10) Star Wars Ep. III: Revenge of the Sith - 4

T10) The Hangover Part II - 4

T10) The Matrix Reloaded - 4

T10) Twilight Saga: Eclipse - 4

For consecutive days $30+ million, this is currently quite a boring list as it simply consists of: 

1) Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 6

At least 20 other movies - 3

17 :ohmyzod:

Almost 3 times the previous record

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

17 :ohmyzod:

Almost 3 times the previous record

what is crazy is most of those movies on the list release on a Wed or Thursday, several did this in conjuction with a holiday on the following monday.

5 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

I just can't believe with some of the supposed tentpole films(Hobbit, I'm looking at you) that were released at the same point TFA was didn't break a record SM2 broke during the July 4th Holiday. That also goes for the TF films that were released at the same time of year as SM2(One even with the same calendar configuration- Adjusted for inflation Dark of the Moon doesn't even go over 20m for 6 days and it had 3D). Hollywood had plenty of opportunities, inflation and 3D upcharges to squeeze over 20m out of a film for 7+ consecutive days and other than SM2, none of them could get past five until TFA.

Adjust SM2 to 2016 those 6 days are over 30m. And we're talking about 20m per day here, not 30m.

I took a closer look at SM2, and it has a rather rare case. Opening on Wednesday June 30, it has the benefit of the July 4 holiday happening on Monday July 5. This gives it 2 weekdays then a long summer weekend. It's still crazy that those numbers all adjust to 30m+, but I think it was in the perfect position to get 6 days.

37 minutes ago, tokila said:

Michael Bay Directing Star Wars Spinoff in 2020. Tentatively titled "The Force Unleashed".

It promises high intense Jedi vrs Robot action, Jedi have become so powerful they can use the force to fly and teleport. The Darkside Joins the Light to battle an invasion of extra-galactic Robot warriors. the great great great granddaughter of Rey will lead the light, and Kylo Ren's great great great grandson will lead the dark. The movie will have a massive asteriod destroying a planet, and robots leg humping. The Rock will star as a Darkside uses and Rohnda Rousey as the light. We will no longer have a classical soundtrack, but instead it will be Europunk.  Its gonna be great.

Spoiler