#ED

Weekend Actuals: The Force Awakens - 90.2M !!!

36 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

We can add this record as unbreakable. Like Titanic's run at consecutive n#1 weekend run type of stuff. No other movie will even come close to 17 straight days with $20+ million again.

This is as impressive as any other unbreakable records.

The only way it could EVER happen is to have the same release date.  But what other movie is ever going to have this demand.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Any other regulars want to back me up on this?

I agree with you but I wouldn't be shocked with an update from Rth tonight if it's having a great hold. I think we could also get an update on Wednesday since TFA should dethrone Avatar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VGPOP said:

We can add this record as unbreakable. Like Titanic's run at consecutive n#1 weekend run type of stuff. No other movie will even come close to 17 straight days with $20+ million again.

This is as impressive as any other unbreakable records.

I think an even more impressive stastic about Titanic is the total number of days it made over 1 million consecutively. 98. Will never happen again.

1 minute ago, mikeymichael said:

Ha, yeah, seems like the regulars backing ME up. But it's cool. 

Usually we do not get daily updates this time of year.

Many of us feel this run is special and hope for an update but that doesn't mean @Rth does.

• Like 1

It's getting a December release Disney is not going to put it in the same month as infinity war part 2 that woukd be the most retarded move in Hollywood history

If episode VIII holds up then I think IX will have a chance. It'll need a December release, but I don't think the dates will line up for a DEC 17-19 release.

5 hours ago, grey ghost said:

It's purple. :apocalypse:

That would have been funnier if it came from @tokila  (given the avatar)

4 hours ago, Biph Shmata said:

I'm fine with Bay sticking with Transformers and TMNT, I'd be far more worried if he got involved with a property that I cared about.

Same.   Interesting how many posters immediately assigned a SW movie to Bay.   The power of SW...

Edited by Harpospoke

Premise is simple anyway

Ima save u $10 right now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B2MPugumbZg

You basically just saw the revenant

You're welcome

The Revenant's marketing has been extremely murky though - they're mostly pushing it on DiCaprio and the award nominations it's gotten. Fox is trying to deflect all attention from the premise.

Generally, during more normal box office periods, when a movie isn't DESTROYING records, we don't get the week day #s until the next morning. 

However, considering what TFA is doing, we might get a late night update from Rth. Maybe, or not.