AndyLL

Derby Tournaments - 1st Tournament starts this week!!!

Norm of the North is a definite wildcard - reviews stink and marketing was poor -  a bomb would be the logical presumption but it could perform respectably for what it is.

The Big Short unexpectedly lost a chunk of theaters and will definitely impact the Derby this week.  A pretty unkind theater drop, IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Fuck me. Was packing last night for my trip out to Kansas and completely forgot :(

That's too bad.  I've been trying to come up with ways to help remind people have no real solutions. 

Perhaps an email the night before morning of the last day.  

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Crap this had always just slipped my mind. Is it too late to join?

If you make derby picks you are automatically joined to the tournament. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Norm of the North is a definite wildcard - reviews stink and marketing was poor -  a bomb would be the logical presumption but it could perform respectably for what it is.

The Big Short unexpectedly lost a chunk of theaters and will definitely impact the Derby this week.  A pretty unkind theater drop, IMO.

the big short Oscar bump will get muted by the theater loss. we're about  the same on TBS and other predictions

norm will make or break a derby score. im 25 pts behinds you in standings. if it comes in 4-5m we'll be neck and neck I think

43 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

How do you compare what your opponent submitted for this weekend? 

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

Go to weekly score. Click on this weekend. Click on arrow next to name of your opp to see predictions

That's the way you have to do it now.

I'm thinking of making the 'vs' a link that pops up a table comparing  each movie of the 2 players.  Maybe also include the Avg Prediction for the current match and the Actuals for past matches.

On January 16, 2016 at 0:27 AM, AndyLL said:

I added this functionality.  Click the 'predictions' link on any match

I just found out I'm playing eddouglasww, who I would have to assume is Edward Douglas of Weekend Warrior/Comingsoon.net fame(...or a fan of his). I used to grade him along with all of the online prognosticators(including myself) back in the day. Fun times.

:)

• Like 1

In my next bracket the 2 adjacent to me were a no show. I assume I have a bye? I'll be waiting on @The Panda and @8wombi7 for the following week.

Andy. If its not time consuming, would it be possible to temporarily input BO.com early weekend estimates on Saturday and/or studio estimates on Sunday. It would be interesting to see the shifts in the standings as the weekend progresses.

Need Norm's actuals to come in lower. That and 13 was a derby buster for some

Edited by No Prisoners

My scores after estimates:

Film prediction actual score
RA2 35 34.04 97.18
Revenant 25.09 29.5 85.051
SW7 25.02 25.12 99.602
13 Hours 22 16 62.5
Daddy's Home 9.4 9.3 98.925
Norm 8.5 6.68 72.754
The Forest 5.6 5.79 96.718
The Big Short 4.32 5.2 83.077
Sisters 4.46 4.42 99.095
Hateful 8 3.27 3.45 94.783
total     88.969

Good week, just Norm and 13 Hours went badly, and I expect many to have a problem with those 2.

• Like 1