WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

How can u say TFA came in around 6m? What is your source? And while I agree that 45 million would be nice this weekend, even if it does not hit that number 1 billion as far from dead. The weekend after New Years films usually have pressure drops. But going forward the drops level out nicely.

25 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Btw, with that you could theoretically also open a Thursday thread

Meanwhile in early AM estimates, Disney’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens stands at $770.4M, with industry projections seeing the J.J. Abrams crossing the $800M mark stateside on Saturday.

= ~$6m for it

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

How can u say TFA came in around 6m? What is your source? And while I agree that 45 million would be nice this weekend, even if it does not hit that number 1 billion as far from dead. The weekend after New Years films usually have pressure drops. But going forward the drops level out nicely.

Just now, terrestrial said:

Meanwhile in early AM estimates, Disney’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens stands at $770.4M, with industry projections seeing the J.J. Abrams crossing the $800M mark stateside on Saturday.

= ~$6m for it

It's in the article, at the very end

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jandrew said:

What is TFA's quest for $1b looking like?

Haven't been paying close attn to the numbers, but things seem to be slowing down.

Still right on course to go either way. The pessimists are feeling more confident right now. They usually are, but then the sun rises and the world hasn't ended

Every number is very very interesting still.

China blowing up. We have more numbers to scrutinize.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

= ~$6m for it

6m. Right at avatars number. Very nice. More debate to follow

Edited by No Prisoners

the-numbers.com(C.S.Strowbridge) predicted that Revenant had an outside shot at 45m ow and battling SW for the #1 spot. Yesterday I made fun of that :huh:. Got it off my chest now.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1