WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Have you read my posts & Dash's (where he is by the way, Force Awakens got the best of him probably ...) in the Force Awakens thread, we laughed about this months ago like suuure, practical effects ... 

Of and the prequels have tons of models and practical effects too despite Lucas going a bit too CGI happy in some places.

Same deal with Fury Road.

I think literally everyone knew the "practical effects" line was mainly to appease the really critical fans who attack anything even remotely created on a computer. They appeased that section of the fanbase till it served them best and then moved on.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

If voters don't buy the fraud and put Mara in Lead then maybe, cause Blanchett is not winning again after COMPLETELY dominating just two years ago.

Brie vs Saoirse : Fight !

Other actresses are non factors in this race.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If voters don't buy the fraud and put Mara in Lead then maybe, cause Blanchett is not winning again after COMPLETELY dominating just two years ago.

If Blanchett isn't gonna win... who is, then?

Oh, it is Brie Larson vs Saoirse Ronan? Cool. I should see Brooklyn. Probably not Room, tho, I have 0 interest in it, but I haven't even seen a single trailer for it :lol: 

Vikander ain't winning for the Danisn Gurl even pushed in lead & Mara is category frauded everywhere in supporting.

Pulling off a double lead acting nom hasn't happened in the same movie since Thelma & Louise.

Mara will win easily in supporting, Harvey knows this.

Edited by The Futurist

Just now, CJohn said:

Oh, it is Brie Larson vs Saoirse Ronan? Cool. I should see Brooklyn. Probably not Room, tho, I have 0 interest in it, but I haven't even seen a single trailer for it :lol: 

Room is a much better movie than Brooklyn and Larson is much better than Ronan. See that. 

Just now, CJohn said:

Room is fine, but Larson's performance devolves into "Give me an Oscar" at points. The kid (Jacob Tremblay) is way better IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Vikander ain't winning for the Danisn Gurl even pushed in lead & Mara is in category frauded everywhere in supporting.

Pulling off a double lead acting nom hasn't happened in the same movie since Thelma & Louise.

Mara will win easily in supporting, Harvey knows this.

it's bullshit but mara in carol is better than any of the leading contenders but she won't have a chance winning there so i'm not mad at it. i'm part of the problem i know.

Just now, grim22 said:

Room is fine, but Larson's performance devolves into "Give me an Oscar" at points. The kid (Jacob Tremblay) is way better IMO.

The subject matter of Room is so horrible, who wants to see that really ?

It s like a real life horror movie, I can't deal with this ...

Just now, grim22 said:

Hmm, didn't get that at all. She had a dramatic role to play and I don't think she went overboard. But yes, Tremblay is phenomenal and even better. He should easily win supporting actor this year, but I have 0% faith he'll even get nominated.