WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The subject matter of Room is so horrible, who wants to see that really ?

It s like a real life horror movie, I can't deal with this ...

I was just reading the synopsis at IMDb and... I have no idea what this movie is about. Can you, or someone, tell me, please?

Just now, CJohn said:

I was just reading the synopsis at IMDb and... I have no idea what this movie is about. Can you, or someone, tell me, please?

It is a dramatic version of "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt", only she isn't unbreakable.

• Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

A mother and young son are held hostage in a tiny room, of which the son has never been out of. Wouldn't want to spoil anything else. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

A mother and young son are held hostage in a tiny room, of which the son has never been out of. Wouldn't want to spoil anything else. 

I have read that... and it makes no sense :lol: 

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Spoiler

From What I understand it is the story about a woman & her kid being kept prisonners in a Room in a house by a pervert who rapes the woman when he wants.

The woman creates some kind of fantasy world with rules so the kid doesn't realize he is in deed trapped.

She has breakdowns it seems, lots of them and the second part of the movie is the two coping with the real world after their release from the perv. 

It s from a novel inspired by a true story.

:wacko:

Edited by The Futurist

16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

LOL. I haven't even seen the movie yet but...

Brie Larson is kidnapped and held for 7 years where she ends up having to take care of the child she has as the result of rape and try to make their horrible situation as easy as possible. The boy manages to escape and not long after that she is rescued and reunited with him, along with her parents (William H. Macy and Joan Allen) who had been hoping for her to be found safe. Then Larson and the child try to adjust to their new reality.

Pretty simple, really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:
  Hide contents

From What I understand it is the story about a woman & her kid being kept prisonners in a Room in a house by a pervert who rapes the woman when he wants.

The woman creates some kind of fantasy world with rules so the kid doesn't realize he is in deed trapped.

She has breakdowns it seems, lots of them and the second part of the movie is the two coping agin with the real world after their release from the perf.

It s from a novel inspired by a true story.

Yeah, I am seeing the trailer. Not sure why IMDb is so mysterious about it, the trailer shows that immediately. 

it's really not a hard film to watch though. I think the kid perspective pretty much softens the blow of any of the nastier content. like just reading futurist's description of the plot, yeah that's all in there but fsr it sounds waay more extreme in that post.

4 hours ago, Jay Salahi said:

While this is not a good example for every film and I am no tech wizard, look at MOS and BvS they clearly have the film grain. Expendables 3 has that naturally brown uncolored Red footage look to it. The Alexa (Civil War/Winter Solider) has a kinda grey more absent of color raw look to it.  It all depends on lens and stuff too, but watch BvS, CW, and Expendables 3 trailers back to back and you will notice. 

What you're talking about is almost completely due to the digital grading, though.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Really just pounded the heck out of us today.

It's been a really good D for the past few weeks. 

Hopefully Star Wars has a 60%+ increase today.

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Have you read my posts & Dash's (where he is by the way, Force Awakens got the best of him probably ...) in the Force Awakens thread, we laughed about this months ago like suuure, practical effects ... 

Of and the prequels have tons of models and practical effects too despite Lucas going a bit too CGI happy in some places.

Same deal with Fury Road.

It's funny, for someone who likes to pretend to know everthing about this, how clueless you are.

you know "2100 out of 2500 shots had digital effects" means pretty much nothing, right? For all we know they could have used digital effects to erase cables or replace sky or blend takes or whatever in most of those 2100 shots. That's not the digital effects that some people get all worked up.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's really not a hard film to watch though. I think the kid perspective pretty much softens the blow of any of the nastier content. like just reading futurist's description of the plot, yeah that's all in there but fsr it sounds waay more extreme in that post.

I know I didn't see the movie but I dislike it on principle, it is exactly like that Italian Shoah movie, same set up, an adult tells stories to a kid to make a horrible situation into an uplifting movie.

Yay !

I say it s manipulation but I like Michael Bay & Zack Snyder so what do I know really.

1 minute ago, #ED said:

It's been a really good D for the past few weeks. 

I would say for the past couple months. It's been rock solid after that losing streak when it was looking a little limp

well the 1 billion dream is dead. I just want this to make it into the top 10 all time domestic adjusted list and it needs $938.5m to get to the 10th spot. It might even have a shot at the #9 spot at $952.2m which the exorcist holds right now. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

I would say for the past couple months. It's been rock solid after that losing streak when it was looking a little limp

Well hopefully it stays that way. I have that D going till next week. Next week can get a little rough. Do I look for another D?

2 minutes ago, #ED said:

Well hopefully it stays that way. I have that D going till next week. Next week can get a little rough. Do I look for another D?

I'm not sure I like that D against Tom Brady. Brady really eats D's for breakfast.

Edited by MrPink

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I know I didn't see the movie but I dislike it on principle, it is exactly like that Italian Shoah movie, same set up, an adult tells stories to a kid to make a horrible situation into an uplifting movie.

Yay !

I say it s manipulation but I like Michael Bay & Zack Snyder so what do I know really.

it's a fair criticism for a different film. i feel like room has more nuance than that. it's not a "yyaaaay" movie. the third act is full of trauma but it's subtle enough that it won't upset the mums of the world too much.