WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

37 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

@Baumer, this is actually something we admins can add to the forum software: in fact, we already have a running list. Any acronym that has a definition will have a little dashed line underneath, like this: TFA. JW. ROTPOTA. Mouse over the word and the full definition will pop up.

We've added a bunch of movies from recent years, but there hasn't been any rhyme or reason, so I'm sure there are plenty of gaps. So if people want to PM us anything that we haven't added yet, go for it.

But is TFA The First Avenger or The Force Awakens?

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

IMAX is slowly converting their theaters to laser projection: it means a much brighter, more vivid picture. They double-stack two 4K laser projectors (to minimize aliasing) as well. Right now only a few IMAX theaters have it.

Laser projection isn't exclusive to IMAX, though, and slowly other theaters are adding it as well. I know the Arclight Hollywood Dome has it, and so does the Cinerama Dome in Seattle.

AMC locations with Dolby Vision setups have dual Christie laser projectors as well, and until Revenant came out, were playing the HDR/Atmos version of TFA, which I tend to prefer over IMAX, because you don't have stupid 3D.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

@Baumer, this is actually something we admins can add to the forum software: in fact, we already have a running list. Any acronym that has a definition will have a little dashed line underneath, like this: TFA. JW. ROTPOTA. Mouse over the word and the full definition will pop up.

We've added a bunch of movies from recent years, but there hasn't been any rhyme or reason, so I'm sure there are plenty of gaps. So if people want to PM us anything that we haven't added yet, go for it.

Unfortnatedly still not all acronyms make sense to me. Like TFA = why not showing Star Wars ... when hovering above TFA? The Force Awakens is not the title in a lot of countries... (only speaking for the co-foreigners an me)

1 hour ago, philippe08 said:
Where are the figures Monday please?

47 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

But is TFA The First Avenger or The Force Awakens?

According to the result SW 7, but to me both make no sense, as both movies have a translated / changed title here

1 minute ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Can somebody please open a new thread for the Monday #'s? (too lazy and I really don't care)

done

• Like 1

1 minute ago, misterchief81 said:

AMC locations with Dolby Vision setups have dual Christie laser projectors as well, and until Revenant came out, were playing the HDR/Atmos version of TFA, which I tend to prefer over IMAX, because you don't have stupid 3D.

Cool. Good to know -- I know the AMC Burbank was playing TFA with that, but I haven't had a chance to see anything in Dolby Vision yet.

• Like 1

Just now, terrestrial said:

Unfortnatedly still not all acronyms make sense to me. Like TFA = why not showing Star Wars ... when hovering above TFA? The Force Awakens is not the title in a lot of countries... (only speaking for the co-foreigners an me)

I will adjust the acronym expander to reflect the full title.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Cool. Good to know -- I know the AMC Burbank was playing TFA with that, but I haven't had a chance to see anything in Dolby Vision yet.

Yep, that's where I saw it. Looked great. Supposedly Revenant looks/sounds amazing in there as well. Throw in reserved seating and leather recliners and it's my preferred theatre of choice in the area.